Seat problem.

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
About half way home this evening my mobile fell out of my coat pocket deep into the "pit of doom" between the seat and the centre console, happens a couple of times a month..no problem I've got to get diesel I will retrieve it then, having filled up I stood next to the drivers seat with the door open I pushed the button and moved the seat into its most forward position neatly revealing enough of the phone behind the seat to easily retrieve it, go to move the seat back into its usual position and.......you guessed it, the seat refused to move. not even a millimetre, oh come on, there's no way I can get in there with the seat in that position it was practically touching the steering wheel ffs ! Anyway after about 5 minutes of fruitless fiddling and switching the ignition on and off (as we do) and with people clearly wondering what I was up to I gave up and somehow managed to squeeze into the tiny gap between the seat and the steering wheel to drive the last 4 miles home with my knees jammed under the dash and my nose pressed up against the screen.
Once home I checked the fuses (all good) and after a lot more pulling pushing and generally seeing if I could bully it back to life I got a torch and a mirror to see I what I could see beneath the seat squab.
I could just about make out that the front end of one of the many electrical connectors high up under the seat appeared to be slightly pulled out, I just barely managed to get enough of my hand/finger in to the tiny space to push it back in.
Seat fixed, Panic over.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
A pocket that seals would be another...
or put mobile in a different pocket...
or put mobile in door pocket, centre console, armrest, glovebox ;):rolleyes::geek:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
A pocket that seals would be another...
or put mobile in a different pocket...
or put mobile in door pocket, centre console, armrest, glovebox ;):rolleyes::geek:
No, just rest it in front of the clocks so you can watch Netflix or YouTube :rolleyes:

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
The three of you will end up in jail if Mr Plod catches you! :D

I usually sit mine (face down) in front of the sat nav screen.

The little shelf there fits perfectly.

Les 57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 C class 220 Bluetec AMG Line Premier Plus
If you look on "Wish" you can buy little squabs that push in between the seat and the centre console. Ok they come from China but you can get them in all sorts of finishes and they're relatively cheap. Saves jamming the seat mechanism or righting off your expensive mobile phone.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Or as Keith...take the thing out of pocket,put in glove compartment, central cubby or anywhere out of sight and danger of falling...simples

Adamki83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E-class, 2005, E270CDI (2.7) + 1992 Mercedes 500SL (R129)
About half way home this evening my mobile fell out of my coat pocket deep into the "pit of doom" between the seat and the centre console, happens a couple of times a month..no problem I've got to get diesel I will retrieve it then, having filled up I stood next to the drivers seat with the door open I pushed the button and moved the seat into its most forward position neatly revealing enough of the phone behind the seat to easily retrieve it, go to move the seat back into its usual position and.......you guessed it, the seat refused to move. not even a millimetre, oh come on, there's no way I can get in there with the seat in that position it was practically touching the steering wheel ffs ! Anyway after about 5 minutes of fruitless fiddling and switching the ignition on and off (as we do) and with people clearly wondering what I was up to I gave up and somehow managed to squeeze into the tiny gap between the seat and the steering wheel to drive the last 4 miles home with my knees jammed under the dash and my nose pressed up against the screen.
Once home I checked the fuses (all good) and after a lot more pulling pushing and generally seeing if I could bully it back to life I got a torch and a mirror to see I what I could see beneath the seat squab.
I could just about make out that the front end of one of the many electrical connectors high up under the seat appeared to be slightly pulled out, I just barely managed to get enough of my hand/finger in to the tiny space to push it back in.
Seat fixed, Panic over.
Ahhh the pit of doom, i know it well many pennies live down the most secure part of the car i reckon!

Top Bottom