What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Good yearly job buddy . Did both mine a while ago :D
Not sure I’ll have enough time to do the other one today as I’m working to the allotted time Mercedes give for the job :D

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Not sure I’ll have enough time to do the other one today as I’m working to the allotted time Mercedes give for the job :D
10 Hours !! We need a new crying with laughter emoji for you buddy . Excellent stuff :D

LoKiE1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 CLK 2.7 CDI Coupe Avantgarde Auto
Steering Wheel upgrade on my 93k mile 2005 CLK W209 Coupe, refurbed DTM style (triple perforated grips, squared off bottom) matched to OE leather.

Before and after pics :)

IMG_20190108_092919925.jpg IMG_20190112_121403369.jpg

Well pleased with it for £230 - Bought off the bay from Germany. No issues to swap over all went well they sent me new wheel (plus 100 euro bond until I return my old one, they check all is well then return the bond) was easy transaction via Ebay/paypal and comms instant via Whatsapp. Excellent service from them (lucky they had one in stock - ordered Tues was here Fri morning) Normally after payment they have a 7-10 day lead time

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
A great improvement pal. V nice.
BTW anyone got any tips for keeping the micro fibre section of the steering wheel ‘nice and fluffy’? Mine has flattened off after only 8k miles and 9 months of ownership

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
A great improvement pal. V nice.
BTW anyone got any tips for keeping the micro fibre section of the steering wheel ‘nice and fluffy’? Mine has flattened off after only 8k miles and 9 months of ownership

I did a bit of a thread in the Valeting section (I think) a while back...

Autoglym Interior Shampoo, gently worked in with a sponge or soft brush - don't work in circles, try to just work back and forth.

Rinse as best you can with a damp sponge (not dripping) and lots of clean warm water.

Pat dry as best you can (I finished it off with kitchen roll).

Leave to air dry as long as required, then vaccumed with soft brush attachment, again linear strokes, not circular.

Then used tape to lift any remaining dried residue, and also to lift the fibres - looked and felt like new afterwards.

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Got a ****** screw in my rear tyre today....the warning came up on the dash....Too near the edge to repair....new tyre ordered for fitting Monday morning....worst bit is I had all four changed end of September and only done 800 miles since....£130 down

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I did a bit of a thread in the Valeting section (I think) a while back...

Autoglym Interior Shampoo, gently worked in with a sponge or soft brush - don't work in circles, try to just work back and forth.

Rinse as best you can with a damp sponge (not dripping) and lots of clean warm water.

Pat dry as best you can (I finished it off with kitchen roll).

Leave to air dry as long as required, then vaccumed with soft brush attachment, again linear strokes, not circular.

Then used tape to lift any remaining dried residue, and also to lift the fibres - looked and felt like new afterwards.
Nice one- I also used to have a little atomiser spray with some filtered water in and a nubuck/suede brush to give it a little makeover every few days whilst sitting at the traffic lights!!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Got a ****** screw in my rear tyre today....the warning came up on the dash....Too near the edge to repair....new tyre ordered for fitting Monday morning....worst bit is I had all four changed end of September and only done 800 miles since....£130 down

I had the same thing just before Christmas. I was lucky the screw was about an inch and a half from the tyre wall, cost me £27 to have repaired :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Following my full day’s maintenance yesterday today I’m going on a 6 hr drive to see my dad for his birthday. Looks like a decent enough day for a drive :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Back from my jaunt around the country, nearly 7 hours of driving by the time I’d done with 60mph and 33 mpg average which I was very happy with. I did have a bit of top fun when I got off the motorway to clear the cobwebs which went down well, complete with flashing yellow idiot light to let me know I was in the fun zone :D

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Back from my jaunt around the country, nearly 7 hours of driving by the time I’d done with 60mph and 33 mpg average which I was very happy with. I did have a bit of top fun when I got off the motorway to clear the cobwebs which went down well, complete with flashing yellow idiot light to let me know I was in the fun zone :D
Did much the same yesterday. Midlands to Lewes in the r230. Leaving my friends 's housput the foot down to start off after backing out his driveway onto A275 and the car just sat there, yellow light flashing away like crazy. Seriously unimpressed with Goodyear Assymetric 2s on that car. Someone spits on the road and the idiot light goes berserk. Still, had a nice run with the top down till rain halted play....
Today took the dogs the Button Dasset country park. They loved it. I wasn't so impressed with the youngest one leaving his breakfast all over the back seat.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

When we arrived back home yesterday afternoon the temperature gauge in the car here in Suffolk read 11.5° !! :)

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Changed air filter. Not due for 2 years, but got one cheap in a ecp sale and it was pretty dusty last simmer. Old one was pretty dirty, so pleased I did it.

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Lithium greased all hinges,locks etc.
Silicon oiled all rubbers.
Finally checked to see if the emergency key opened the drivers door and boot. Boot a bit stiff. Lubed them both, repeated use of key, now I'll never need to use them.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Missus just arrived back from shopping and said, 'the orange triangle flashes on when I went around the corner!' :shock:
So proud of her :D
Tell her to stop going round corners Peter....:oops:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom