Your snowy car pics

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
All we had was a dusting:

Untitled.png

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
190E is in the garage nice and dry.
E Class is under a car port mostly dry.

As for Larry the Lexus: -

Larry in snow.jpg

This was after my morning newspaper quest, hence the clear windows.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
2D7C3638-3926-4803-A76A-9385045F2BAD.jpeg
Yards empty, only a couple of loan cars left out.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
This was taken a year ago. I was so ashamed that I'd got it stuck in the snow, I showed it to no one.

Attachments

• IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 37

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Its still snowing quite heavily here in North Oxfordshire, closed the site as the access road in is quite steep and very slippery .
20190201_094539.jpg

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
This was taken a year ago. I was so ashamed that I'd got it stuck in the snow, I showed it to no one.
Being able to share that shows you have grown as a person buddy

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I can't enter this....Got no snow....................

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
190E is in the garage nice and dry.
E Class is under a car port mostly dry.

As for Larry the Lexus: -

View attachment 47952

This was after my morning newspaper quest, hence the clear windows.

Unfortunately you hadn't bothered to clear the roof of snow.

Early this morning had to take a detour to get my wife to work, due to some idiots doing 14mph on a main road that then prevented them from having momentum to climb a moderate hill that then closed the main road. A little later a local farmer who keeps that road clear came to the rescue.

On the detour as I entered a roundabout/entrance ramp to the M3 a snow covered car went round the outside of me, hit the snow in the closed outside lane spilling snow off the roof onto a smaller car ahead of me. The said idiot then proceeded onto the M3 and accelerated straight out into lane 3 spilling snow up into the following cars field of vision, causing one to swerve into the armco.

Totally irresponsible and can only be laziness on the part of the driver. It takes 2 sweeps of an arm to clear snow from a car roof.

On the detour route on A, B and unclassified roads there were legions of cars going too slowly causing blockages at inclines. Fortunately, again, farmers were out clearing roads and towing crashed vehicles where required.

There was an irony in that when I got my wife to work, 3 minutes late, there was a need for one of the guys to get to London Oxford Airport urgently to get their snow brush into service to get aircraft out/in. Fortunately the farmer had cleared the A339 to enable clear transit.

I did my usual spread of rock salt on my road whilst my coffee cooled. A bit later I was interviewed on camera by the BBC, explaining the ability of the community to self help with the hundreds of salt bins around the borough. That relies on people being selfless enough to actually do something to help themselves and others. The 7 series BMW that had a peephole in the front windscreen clearly didn't see me as he mounted the kerb outside my house, feckwit.

I'm firmly of the opinion that if people can't be arsed to prepare for the conditions, are incapable of driving in those conditions, they should surrender their driving licences and hand in their car keys.

What will this afternoons collection trip bring up??

I didn't take pics, although the beeb has just showed the crashed van at The Avenue I went past earlier, after checking the driver was ok

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Unfortunately you hadn't bothered to clear the roof of snow.

Early this morning had to take a detour to get my wife to work, due to some idiots doing 14mph on a main road that then prevented them from having momentum to climb a moderate hill that then closed the main road. A little later a local farmer who keeps that road clear came to the rescue.

On the detour as I entered a roundabout/entrance ramp to the M3 a snow covered car went round the outside of me, hit the snow in the closed outside lane spilling snow off the roof onto a smaller car ahead of me. The said idiot then proceeded onto the M3 and accelerated straight out into lane 3 spilling snow up into the following cars field of vision, causing one to swerve into the armco.

Totally irresponsible and can only be laziness on the part of the driver. It takes 2 sweeps of an arm to clear snow from a car roof.

On the detour route on A, B and unclassified roads there were legions of cars going too slowly causing blockages at inclines. Fortunately, again, farmers were out clearing roads and towing crashed vehicles where required.

There was an irony in that when I got my wife to work, 3 minutes late, there was a need for one of the guys to get to London Oxford Airport urgently to get their snow brush into service to get aircraft out/in. Fortunately the farmer had cleared the A339 to enable clear transit.

I did my usual spread of rock salt on my road whilst my coffee cooled. A bit later I was interviewed on camera by the BBC, explaining the ability of the community to self help with the hundreds of salt bins around the borough. That relies on people being selfless enough to actually do something to help themselves and others. The 7 series BMW that had a peephole in the front windscreen clearly didn't see me as he mounted the kerb outside my house, feckwit.

I'm firmly of the opinion that if people can't be arsed to prepare for the conditions, are incapable of driving in those conditions, they should surrender their driving licences and hand in their car keys.

What will this afternoons collection trip bring up??

I didn't take pics, although the beeb has just showed the crashed van at The Avenue I went past earlier, after checking the driver was ok
I find it disappointing to see neighbours using the grit to spread on their drives rather than on the road or pavement. Then clearing their little drive but nothing else.

Way too many peeps have no clue how to drive in winter conditions and make zero preparations. If I don't need to go out then I don't. If I do then I'm prepared and go the back roads as the main roads are blocked with cars.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom