What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
You're a brave man Peter. At least when I changed the shocks etc... on Swmbo's Un-Merc last weekend the thermometer was the right side of zero. :shock:

Don't forget to count your fingers and toes once you are back in the house.:D:D

To be holy truthful, i did employ a helping source

IMG_20190202_141041.jpg

All seems good with new coolant.

IMG_20190202_140025.jpg

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Managed to find one of the "James" Numatic vacuum cleaners on Facebay in Greenock last night, after a couple of months searching. Most often they were overpriced, in dire condition, or just set the old radar off.
So, I arranged to go look at it this morning, hoping for the best, despite my too good to be true radar pinging just a little. It's a fifty mile round trip to boot. :rolleyes:
Yes, I am paranoid, generally I don't have a lot of good luck, with stuff lol.
The vendor turned out to be an absolute gem of a chap though, he had everything for the unit, tools, owners manual etc..
The only reason for the sale, despite the item only being few months old, was, it was "too small for his needs", he wanted one of the commercial applications instead. Hooray! For a change I win a watch (ok, a hoover, lol)

IMG_3359.JPG

I was in such a good mood mainly down to getting a perfect bargain, the weather being bright, sunny and the scenery being beautiful, I got my lad, who came with me, to take a couple of pics as we ran along the A78 coast road.

IMG_3359.JPG IMG_3357.JPG IMG_3355.JPG

As you can see from the dirt on the screen the weather and roads are still filthy. Just a shame I never thought of taking the pics until we got stuck behind a group of approx 25 very selfish cyclists on our way back home between Skelmorlie and Largs. Never mind.
Looks like there'll be a few cars getting vacuumed out over the weekend at my house. :D

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Managed to find one of the "James" Numatic vacuum cleaners on Facebay in Greenock last night, after a couple of months searching. Most often they were overpriced, in dire condition, or just set the old radar off.
So, I arranged to go look at it this morning, hoping for the best, despite my too good to be true radar pinging just a little. It's a fifty mile round trip to boot. :rolleyes:
Yes, I am paranoid, generally I don't have a lot of good luck, with stuff lol.
The vendor turned out to be an absolute gem of a chap though, he had everything for the unit, tools, owners manual etc..
The only reason for the sale, despite the item only being few months old, was, it was "too small for his needs", he wanted one of the commercial applications instead. Hooray! For a change I win a watch (ok, a hoover, lol)

View attachment 47972

I was in such a good mood mainly down to getting a perfect bargain, the weather being bright, sunny and the scenery being beautiful, I got my lad, who came with me, to take a couple of pics as we ran along the A78 coast road.

View attachment 47972 View attachment 47973 View attachment 47974

As you can see from the dirt on the screen the weather and roads are still filthy. Just a shame I never thought of taking the pics until we got stuck behind a group of approx 25 very selfish cyclists on our way back home between Skelmorlie and Largs. Never mind.
Looks like there'll be a few cars getting vacuumed out over the weekend at my house. :D
Love the scenery but can’t get so worked up about a vacuum cleaner, I’m afraid!

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Drove it to Tavy across Dartmoor in the snow yesterday. Lovely. Looked at it today. Light grey half way up and glittering in the sunshine showing off my collection of salt crystals. Out with the powerwasher to gently remove the grime. Too cold to wash it properly, but had a good clean earlier in the week, so doesn't look too bad.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Drove it to Tavy across Dartmoor in the snow yesterday. Lovely. Looked at it today. Light grey half way up and glittering in the sunshine showing off my collection of salt crystals. Out with the powerwasher to gently remove the grime. Too cold to wash it properly, but had a good clean earlier in the week, so doesn't look too bad.

This post is no use without pictures sir! :D:D:D

I want to see "doesn't look too bad." :p:p

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
What's that tool with the chains on it Peter?

I can't work it out at all.

That's for keeping the Wife at bay Jim.

No seriously it's the cradle for the transmission jack, a very useful gadget when your by yourself trying the remove or refit a heavy gearbox it allows you to fine adjust the trans to suit the angle of the engine when the car is in the air.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Took ours out today also. Wasn't allowed to drop the roof as SWMBO threatened loss of conjugals if I did...
That’s what you call them in NZ?

What was she going to remove them with? :D

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Clk seemed slightly slower to start yesterday , so this morning a brought up the dash voltage before starting and it was showing 12.1 volts .
I know that's getting a bit low and it is the original battery (2009 ) so maybe time for a new one ??
What do we think ?
I may be on the phone to Grangemouth later .

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
This was happening to mine. It was 12 years old. Still started perfectly, but overnight voltage was getting lower and lower. Being a tightar@@ I kept topping it up with my charger until I spotted a great bargain from Tayna batteries and then bought a new one. I did wait nearly a year, but as I am retired a failure to start would not have been a disaster.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This was happening to mine. It was 12 years old. Still started perfectly, but overnight voltage was getting lower and lower. Being a tightar@@ I kept topping it up with my charger until I spotted a great bargain from Tayna batteries and then bought a new one. I did wait nearly a year, but as I am retired a failure to start would not have been a disaster.
I know what you mean buddy , this weather does highlight ageing batteries . A bit of tinternet reading suggests that at 12.1v I'm at 25% charge (that's after a good run yesterday !) , with 11.9v at failure

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Rang MB Grangemouth as my go to parts people , ordered a new MB battery , £110.97 delivered . Excellent price as usual , as my local MB parts wanted £151.35 .

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom