C63 Amg w204 B service main dealer cheaper than indie

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Yea fair points.

The main dealer service history is a bit of a difficult one really.. I remember a few years ago a VW main dealer cheekily admitted to my dad, that his indy was probably way better than the mechanics in the VW garage, but they were providing main dealer history.

Just use an indy that can upload it all to MB so it stays current with them

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Wow can Indy's do that?

Does that keep MB warranties/mobilo intact?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Wow can Indy's do that?

Provided they have "Xentry" they can, mine does and gives me the printout of it

Does that keep MB warranties/mobilo intact?

If a car is under MB warranty then I would probably take it to them but after that not bother

No to Mobilo but you probably have breakdown with your bank account

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Interesting.

My 2010 still has all the service related warrantys intact.

Has anybody got quotes for euro wide breakdown assistance that is equivalent to mobilo?

Mobilo is pretty comprehensive and I think that equivalent cover from AA/RAC would be expensive to get an equivalent cover.

I shall run the numbers as an exercise some time and post back but I'd be pessimistic as to whether or not losing mobilo and going with third party is a slam dunk. I could be totally wrong though.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
You don't even need Xentry for digitial service book, just be a VAT qualifying workshop.

Mobilo you have to go to a dealer to maintain, but thats mainly a glorified breakdown service where most of the time your car gets yanked to a dealer where you have to pay double the rates for repair. Unless you drive the car abroad on a regular basis, just buy a cheap RAC package for £40. Mobilo is run by the RAC now anyway.

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Quick question to the OP et al, while we are on the topic.

How common is it to bring the part and just seek labour.. do mechanics like/dislike that? Can I expect to be able to shop around on that premise or should I just shop around based on parts + labour.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009

How common is it to bring the part and just seek labour.. do mechanics like/dislike that? Can I expect to be able to shop around on that premise or should I just shop around based on parts + labour.
Some mechanics/garages will use a part that you provide , but if they did it would normally be with customers they already have a history with and a mutual trust .
Otherwise you have this situation that you provide a part that happens to be faulty , the garage fits it and spends time doing it , the repair doesn't work but you still have to pay them for the work .

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Interesting. Is that a real concern and the mutual trust issue being a real thing? I would imagine the issue of faulty part arising and there being conflict a low probability outcome.

With that in mind, what is the warranty like in parts? For example, if I buy a NOX sensor and it starts erroring a month down the line, how do I take that up with the seller of the part (either mechanic or third party?).

--

I guess mechanics don't like the idea of their trade becoming commoditised and boil down to hourly rate, and would rather be more full service.

I wouldn't mind if mechanic businesses charged a BYOParts fee of something like £50 per visit. That would be reasonable because I guess garages make a certain margin on parts also.

Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I am happy to fit customer supplied parts, however I do not quote a fixed amount of time (in case the part does does fit correctly or takes longer to fit than genuine) and I also do no provide a garuntee on functionality of said part!

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am happy to fit customer supplied parts, however I do not quote a fixed amount of time (in case the part does does fit correctly or takes longer to fit than genuine) and I also do no provide a garuntee on functionality of said part!

Good stuff Alex, I will be sure to get in touch with you :)

OP
T

The_Don

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few v8 Amg

I have done it on a regular basis over the past years with various Amg cars without any issues.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Check before buying any parts as the majority of main dealers won't do it. There was a thread on one of the forums recently on this and the vast majority who had tried had been refused.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Last 2 trade ins we've done, on cars of 9 and 11 years ols, the dealer was only interest in full, with stamps, and not bothered where. "Full service and no lights on the dash" seemed to be their mantra.

Selling private might be different.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom