How long does your Raceglace Water filter last .. probably one for John ?

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Out of interest how long has your Race Glaze Filter gone on the original filter granules?
Due to the cement dust issue (now sorted) , I must have washed it and the wifes say 40 times.

It still seems to prevent the limescale look. But as I always blow dry her immediately afterwards its difficult to tell if its still 0 PPM :)

If memory serves me well I think they said I should get 36 washes ( well rinse-downs) out of a filter.

As its been clayed, da polished and followed by 4 coats of Collinite 476S for the winter, I dont fancy doing the acid test of washing, then filter rinsing and then watching to see how it dries!

I guess as I can not see any limescale whiteout, its doing its job. :)

I lost the instuction on how to change the granules. I guess its pour out the old ones and flush them out and then replace. :). At £40 its a shame its not just a cartridge swap out.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I just purchased (less than a tenner on Amazon) a TDS (total dissolved solids) aka hardness meter. RaceGlaze recommends you test your filtered water with one - then you will know exactly when to replace your resin.

FWIW you can get cheaper resin from other sources.

I was surprised to find my water is 3x harder than the council says and am now in the process of sourcing a filter and doing battle with Yorkshire Water.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I’ve done about 40 washes with mine at a guess and the harness meter is still showing 0 , so I’ll keep an eye on it - less washing happening at the moment until Spring

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Doesn’t it depend on how much water you put through it? Not how many times you use it.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
My son had his car valeted today and a 6mth ceramic ....£100.00 Say 2x/year and a couple of washes in-between.

Makes me wonder if it is worth doing myself. The only upside I see is the exercise...Water, electricity, filter media, cleaning products, protective coatings...........

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom