Not a Benz in sight but what a collection....

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Shmee, not sure why but I find him really irritating so couldn't bring myself to watch!

Mercedes SL500 R231

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Shmee, not sure why but I find him really irritating so couldn't bring myself to watch!

Mercedes SL500 R231

Me too,he is most irritating. Interesting collection though but Shmee stopped me watching it all the way through

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
He's a member on the other side.

Drove a CLK GTR:

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
It's the intro's, Hi I'm shmeeeeeeee that gets me. He's probably alright in real life :rolleyes:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
It's the intro's, Hi I'm shmeeeeeeee that gets me. He's probably alright in real life :rolleyes:

Comes across as being a prat though :D

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
A prat who makes car videos, meets interesting people, travels widely, and drives unique cars.
Clever prat.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A prat who makes car videos, meets interesting people, travels widely, and drives unique cars.
Clever prat.

Depends on what level though Umble. I look at Harry's Garage on Youtube and he is at a completely different level and a much more knowledgeable guy. And more watchable :)

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clever prat.
He started off a few years ago by waiting around parts of London and taking photos and posting vids on YouTube, he now own at least two McLaren's, one being the new Senna, and a number of other high end sports cars. He gets invited to all of the top press releases, and gets to drive the best cars around. Recently drove the CLK GTR around an F1 track.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Depends on what level though Umble. I look at Harry's Garage on Youtube and he is at a completely different level and a much more knowledgeable guy. And more watchable :)
I agree, I like his videos, more old school, but much better to watch.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Just shows the power of the web, it can make you a
"celebrity " or very rich,
of the most talentless, irritating people!

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just shows the power of the web, it can make you a
"celebrity " or very rich,
of the most talentless, irritating people!
Some of the biggest youtube'ers are kids reviewing tots and games.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
We have to accept the world has changed and "stars" are made of often brief cosmic alliances that stretch credulity,

to think you can make a living and sometimes a very good one from running round with a video camera is not new its just the platform for getting it out that's changing.
Tapes used to be sent to TV companies in the usually vain attempt to get them to play them.

Now anyone can get their content out and Youtube amazes me with the breadth of the videos, who would have thought dashcam videos and things being crushed by hydraulic presses would get so many views.

Don't despair just try and work out whats the next big thing.

I have history sessions with my youth where I try and explain why I invested in some things but didn't take free bitcoins or buy into some of the tech giants.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
He started off a few years ago by waiting around parts of London and taking photos and posting vids on YouTube, he now own at least two McLaren's, one being the new Senna, and a number of other high end sports cars. He gets invited to all of the top press releases, and gets to drive the best cars around. Recently drove the CLK GTR around an F1 track.
He gave up his job in the City to make money You Tubing as "he found it a lot easier". Rather like the travel bloggers, money for old rope, hats off to them for seizing the opportunity to grab a slice of the social media gravy train.

Mercedes SL500 R231

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Thanks for the post.....

And I'll take the Lamborghini Miura thank you very much!

Loved them from the time I first saw one in 1969 at, (and you're going to find this somewhat strange) the Rhodesia/Mozambique Border Post.

Let me explain - we were living in Umtali, (now Mutate) Rhodesia, (now Zimbabwe (ruins)) and of course because of Sanctions, (instigated by Wilson, (may he rot in Hell forever) and the British Government, (them aswell)) we had Fuel Rationing. But of course in Mozambique there wasn't, so every weekend we used to dash across the Border to a Garage just the other side and fill up.... (thank you Portugal). :D:D:D

Anyway, there was a Hotel/Restaurant quite near the Border and a Lamborghini Miura was parked there everytime we went.... Same colour as in the video aswell! Awesome!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Anyway, there was a Hotel/Restaurant quite near the Border and a Lamborghini Miura was parked there everytime we went.... Same colour as in the video as well! Awesome!
Would have thought that it would have burst into flames in that heat. They were prone to that apparently :rolleyes:

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...

Mercedes SL500 R231

Same here. Watched a few of his vids, but he's turned into a giggle-queen as he's become bigger on The Tube.

He's a savvy cookie though; besides parental wealth, he also started and then sold a tech business for a tidy sum I gather.

And has a half decent taste in cars (apart from what he's done to a Focus RS Edition... And selling his 991 GT3 after what seemed like a few weeks!)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom