urgent question before i spend lots of £££££s

Gethin Thomas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63s 4Matic+
Hi guys I am new here, I’ve owned a mercedes in the past and loved it, I have decided that moving away from mercedes was a mistake so now I’m thinking of coming back I have been looking buying an E63s 4Matic+ but I have a question the dealerships don’t appear to be able to anser for me, and I kind of want to know before I spend a lot of money. I would be grateful if anyone can shed any light on my question, I have included 2 pictures to hopefully illustrate my question, I have circled the item I need to know about in red.

Please can anyone tell me why some cars have the exhaust note button and others have the power icon button instead, the car I am looking at buying has the power button NOT the exhaust one, is this a bad thing? The car still sounds awesome.

thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 019c1eeb47a8476580697267b1fcc8f6.jpg
    019c1eeb47a8476580697267b1fcc8f6.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 67
  • af43615a70134144a86efe9691eb2d30.jpg
    af43615a70134144a86efe9691eb2d30.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 65

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Ones with the exhaust button have the "AMG Performance Exhaust" option.

Both cars have flaps in the rear silencers, but cars with the perf exhaust option have another further up, that splits both banks, and is controlled by this button.

OP
G

Gethin Thomas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63s 4Matic+
thanks for the reply. ok so it really only affects the sound and nothing more there isn't any detriment to not having it, correct?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Bingo

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sorry just picked up on this thread...(damned work)- I’ve seen very few of these without the performance exhaust option, it seems like it is more desirable with than without on these cars, just a thought

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
So what does the power button do in the first picture ? Does it turn the stereo on/off ?

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Hi guys I am new here, I’ve owned a mercedes in the past and loved it, I have decided that moving away from mercedes was a mistake so now I’m thinking of coming back I have been looking buying an E63s 4Matic+ but I have a question the dealerships don’t appear to be able to anser for me, and I kind of want to know before I spend a lot of money. I would be grateful if anyone can shed any light on my question, I have included 2 pictures to hopefully illustrate my question, I have circled the item I need to know about in red.

Please can anyone tell me why some cars have the exhaust note button and others have the power icon button instead, the car I am looking at buying has the power button NOT the exhaust one, is this a bad thing? The car still sounds awesome.

I would suggest your dealer is acting a bit "shy" if they don't know what that button does! They're normally very quick to highlight the AMG Performance Exhaust if it's there... and price it up accordingly!

As one of the chaps above said, no biggy, but get some money off! ;)

OP
G

Gethin Thomas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63s 4Matic+
yeah in the spec list it does say it has the AMG performance exhaust so i'm thinking that maybe they are playing up to people's ignorance, found another car for slightly less money so i think i'm gonna go with that instead

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
The performance exhaust (U78) was a £1,000 extra at the time of ordering and, to me at least, worth every penny of it. It really brings the car to life, making it sound much better, particularly at low speeds surprisingly.

At full chat the exhaust opens up anyway so it's irrelevant there but flicking the button at lower revs turns a rather subdued sound into a meaningful deep growl.

Personally, I wouldn't entertain one without it.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I'd not be bothered by the lack of switchable exhaust. If you are looking at one with the option, make sure you blip the car at standstill with the loud exhaust engaged and listen for a tinkly rattling sound. I've seen a few where the flaps wear and rattle.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof

Did you buy it?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom