Your Mercedes
ML350
Not that I've got any messages .....

So, I can't just pour a bottle of Adblue into my car if needed :confused:

I'd assumed I just needed a funnel nut it looks like I need an adaptor :D

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
ffs ;)

Check out a filling station with a pump, here https://www.findadblue.com/mercedes-benz/ . Pop in and check it fits the filler then either fill up, or wait till the light comes on/message pops up (can you see the menu in the dash that gives you level?), or get it done as part of a service plan if you go that way.

Cheapest way to buy it is from the filling stations.

It should go between services without need to refill. If you are paying for it, fill it before it goes in or you may have a heart attack at the price you could be charged.Especially if they use the method and kit in the video you posted :confused::eek:

Do you run a Safefill gas bottle on your 'van? If so, kill 2 birds with 1 stone and fill both 'auxiliaries at the same time. :confused::D:D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I used to fill from the lorry nozzle at my previous work (they agreed to pay for adblue so let us use the large lorry tank). I've filled form 2ltr containers and it can get a bit messy and leave white crystal stains down the side of the car (and your shoes) if you're not careful...

OP
EmilysDad

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
ffs ;)

Check out a filling station with a pump, here https://www.findadblue.com/mercedes-benz/ . Pop in and check it fits the filler then either fill up, or wait till the light comes on/message pops up (can you see the menu in the dash that gives you level?), or get it done as part of a service plan if you go that way.

Cheapest way to buy it is from the filling stations.

It should go between services without need to refill. If you are paying for it, fill it before it goes in or you may have a heart attack at the price you could be charged.Especially if they use the method and kit in the video you posted :confused::eek:

Do you run a Safefill gas bottle on your 'van? If so, kill 2 birds with 1 stone and fill both 'auxiliaries at the same time. :confused::D:D

We use Calor's most expensive gas. :rolleyes:
I'd seen things in the past that showed GL being filled up in the boot via a fuel filler type nozzle & just wondered about mine when I'd seen Adblue at Costco etc.

OP
EmilysDad

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Blimey, never realised Adblue pumps were so scarce, my nearest is 50kms away!

Got an adblue filler next to the diesel filler on my Vivaro, will have to check if it can be filled easily from a bottle before I need it !

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 16.10.34.png
Blimey, never realised Adblue pumps were so scarce, my nearest is 50kms away!

Got an adblue filler next to the diesel filler on my Vivaro, will have to check if it can be filled easily from a bottle before I need it !
Really?

Try using the truck option.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
And the Citroen/Peugeot mob are having huge problems with their Adblu system. It seems there's now a recall to fit new Adblu tanks of a different design because it was apparently corroding the metal parts of the in-tank pump, with the result that the affected cars just stopped without warning and would not restart.

Progress rears its ugly head again!

OP
EmilysDad

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
My excuse is I was on my phone .... :D

Cleck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQC 400
I've just been buying a 10 litre bottle from Halfords and putting it in myself whenever I get the message. I do about 16k miles and it doesn't last from service to service.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I've just been buying a 10 litre bottle from Halfords and putting it in myself whenever I get the message. I do about 16k miles and it doesn't last from service to service.
They'll charge you a fortune at service time (unless they agree to top it up for free... They used to do half a tank for me but £££ for a fill)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It really isn't a big deal. In over 100k miles of AdBlu Mercs Ive filled an AdBlu tank myself, twice.

Once was when the dealer ticked the service sheet to say it had been filled, but hadn't. 2300 miles later the warning message came up. A trip to a truck pump at Chieveley services soon filled it up. The pair of rear tyres from the dealers account soon set things right.

The second time was at a Shell station en route to Costco a few days before a service where it was a chargeable extra. I paid £12.83 for a full AdBlu tank vs £85 labour + the quantity of AdBlu at £1.60 per litre at the dealer.

The MB Service Plan now includes AdBlu. On both my 3litre diseasels the tank has covered the service interval. The first top up went just over 20k miles. I don't now how much was used, but I guess approx 1lt per 1000miles. I suspect once MB has sufficient data on consumption they will only put the service interval amount in, not a full tank ;)

The display menu can easily be manoeuvred to find the relevant reading, above tyre pressures I think. ;):cool:

Mine is due a B1 service on 4th April, so at some point twixt now and then I'll scroll through the menu and see what the AdBlu level is. En route to the indy I intend to use is a Shell station with an AdBlu pump, that will be sufficient to fill up. No drama :)

OP
EmilysDad

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

The display menu can easily be manoeuvred to find the relevant reading, above tyre pressures I think. ;):cool: ...

Nothing on mine. The 'serv' menu consists of no messages/tyre pressures (indirect system)/Assist plus

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
Adblue pumps for trucks are slightly different in that the pump nozzle needs to detect a magnet around the tank filler, otherwise it will only dribble out.

I wonder if there are any 'cheat' devices on Ebay?:rolleyes:

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Adblue pumps for trucks are slightly different in that the pump nozzle needs to detect a magnet around the tank filler, otherwise it will only dribble out.

I wonder if there are any 'cheat' devices on Ebay?:rolleyes:

The Shell truck pumps work fine on the car :):cool:

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Yes the truck search brings up loads near me!

Presumably in the HGV fuelling areas?

So is there a difference? Magnets were mentioned?

Is like a normal pump where you fill up and go in and pay?

Not that I'm in a hurry, had this van for 10 months and still got 62% adblue in the tank.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom