Parent and Toddler Parking.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Have you ever noticed that even when you park in a lonely remote space as far from other cars as possible there is always a car parked either side when you return?
Depends if I’m in the Landy or not... :D

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Park a 101 at the supermarket and no one goes near it....

Herr Rosa Teddy Baer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
None at present
Usually I too, park away from the Supermarket entrance. In addition I park within the parking space at an angle, this certainly seems to deter drivers from parking alongside. :rolleyes:

John

Last edited:

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
i park as far away as possible from neurotic mothers with kids and crash happy toddlers pushing shopping carts. just watch em . kids bale out dinging car doors all round ,shopping trolleys bouncing off surrounding cars neurotic mother blissfully rabbiting away on her mobile, no worries until unsupervised offspring are about to become impaled on passing car .followed by an abusive tirade as to how its all yr fault due to YOUR ! lack of care and attn . i fully support toddler and parent parking, and ticketing offenders i would like to see armco around them to protect the rest of us..... basically the far end of the car park is the safest . as most too lazy to walk more than 1o mtre to the doors !!!
I was going to post something similar but I couldn’t put it better than you :)

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Large cars SUV's particularly, for some reason need to park as near to the front door as possible so that their corpulent drivers can get to their carb fix quicker , doors are opened with feet by feral children desperate to top up their sugars.

If you have the temerity to question any of this you will soon question the efficacy of the state education system to teach english.

You park your car next to a mint new car but almost as soon as you leave it the gem will be replaced by an dirty bald tyred crash test reject which seems to have been parked with almost coital closeness to your drivers door.

Inside the shop you will find the devils spawn children either left in the toy section or careering around on trolleys.

Huge stacks of junk food great you with bogofs and faux discounts on everything you didn't want.

Any checkout with a human has huge queues, the dyslexic automated thing malfunctions within seconds of you confusing it by not being institutionalised.

The security guard who looks straight out of B wing sits behind a desk glaring at you as your tagged shopping triggers the alarm.

He sighs, lifts his high vis clad heft off his chair and looks at you with the seering intellect of a man who hasn't.

I leave muttering under my breath,

Why the F........... did I go to Asda.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Have you ever noticed that even when you park in a lonely remote space as far from other cars as possible there is always a car parked either side when you return?
Yep - they know you will not ding them!

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Large cars SUV's particularly, for some reason need to park as near to the front door as possible so that their corpulent drivers can get to their carb fix quicker , doors are opened with feet by feral children desperate to top up their sugars.

If you have the temerity to question any of this you will soon question the efficacy of the state education system to teach english.

You park your car next to a mint new car but almost as soon as you leave it the gem will be replaced by an dirty bald tyred crash test reject which seems to have been parked with almost coital closeness to your drivers door.

Inside the shop you will find the devils spawn children either left in the toy section or careering around on trolleys.

Huge stacks of junk food great you with bogofs and faux discounts on everything you didn't want.

Any checkout with a human has huge queues, the dyslexic automated thing malfunctions within seconds of you confusing it by not being institutionalised.

The security guard who looks straight out of B wing sits behind a desk glaring at you as your tagged shopping triggers the alarm.

He sighs, lifts his high vis clad heft off his chair and looks at you with the seering intellect of a man who hasn't.

I leave muttering under my breath,

Why the F........... did I go to Asda.

Yep you are referring to the "foetal, alcohol and drug syndrome" humans that are slowly over populating the planet!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Even at Costco!!!

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I was sat in the car opposite the Parent and Toddler parking bays at the local supermarket whilst t'other half popped in to pick up a few bits - which turned into much more as usual....

I was sat listening to the radio and during the 30 mins or so, saw a dozen or more cars come and go .

Interesting point you've picked up there - I did the same when my wife asked if she could pop in for some bits while passing, which as in your case turned into 30mins.

I observed that many people are in and out in 10 mins or so. The cars around me changed several times - including a guy reverse parking (twice, as he wasn't happy the first time) a LandRover 110 next to me!

When she goes shopping on her own, she's gone for hours. I now understand why her car suffers so many parking dings.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I want to buy a cheap car seat and put it in the wife's car......both her and my son (who has young kids) get angry when I mention it :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
My local Aldi has nice wide spaces...:)

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
And how many times have we all criticised the drivers of vehicles who have 'selfishly' parked across two parking spaces ? :)

Cost Cutting, Value Engineering, Maximising Profit is the culprit in every case, in the pursuit of filthy lucre, 2.5m x 5m just isn't big enough to be comfortable and everyone knows this from the architects to the end users but it is arguably big enough for the average sized family car in the UK, and no business is going to give away more than they have to, space is a costly premium for developers and retailers and given the choice would opt for more retail space over 'Free Parking' every day.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Reminds of those modern estate houses with garages far too narrow for cars.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom