Electronic hand brake caused damaged to Bakes

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Exactly what I said, we always recommend a drive after washing your car to dry the brakes or if it’s been raining hard. Mercs have suffered from this problem for as long as I’ve worked on them, 30 + years.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
That ties in with what I recall. Mind you if it's in P it's not going to be easy to push or load onto a low loader anyway!
True - there’s a separate process listed for dealing with that and keeping the car in Neutral!

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
So latest development as if today.... it's nothing to do with the parking brake. It is related to where the car has been parked after use and it's been raining causing surface corrosion and fusing of disks to pads.

This is the same dealership that said "the electronic parking has caused damaged to the disks because of the car being parked for a while".

I wonder what else they will conjure up.

Ask to speak to the DP when they call. I would suggest he might have a different perspective

Last edited:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
this is turning into an unpleasant taste. benz must be joking ! i think its more likely that theres been a dud batch of disc material , if not and this crxp manifests itself in the US expect to be reading class actions. if you dont get sense from the supplier, tell them you will post the whole issue on US based benz sites and copy the benz response and yr mail to them. one other thought , a lot of the drillings in the discs look blocked, have you been through any road salt slurry ,before you parked the car ?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
one other thought , a lot of the drillings in the discs look blocked, have you been through any road salt slurry ,before you parked the car ?
Good spot, I hadn’t noticed that.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why is the back plates so corroded? That's bad for a 6000 mile merc. Is a coastal car?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
road salt aint no friend of any exposed metal.... good practice to hit the car wash lance weekly to blast it off around wheels/arches.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
road salt aint no friend of any exposed metal.... good practice to hit the car wash lance weekly to blast it off around wheels/arches.

I've always avoided jet washing the caliper area but a Honda dealer told us to get behind the wheel and blast them regularly when we had problems with sticking rear brakes on daughters Jazz.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i always do it. except on vdoz which never sees road salt ! i just make sure brakes kept "warm" on way home so all dry before car gets back in garage. v doz gets the treatment on warm spring /summer day.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
So latest development as if today.... it's nothing to do with the parking brake. It is related to where the car has been parked after use and it's been raining causing surface corrosion and fusing of disks to pads.

Now according to my dealer after some chat, all there used cars etc on their forecourt suffer the same problem! Clearly identifying it's a design problem not a user created problem.

There has been no offer for skimming of disks or anything like that. I have to pay for it.

The service manager is due to call me today to discuss the matter...

I am loving the rest of the car. But I am getting the bitter taste of displeasure toward it toward the poor build quality.

Again as always thanks all.

I will keep you all posted.

Collection forecast Saturday so we shall see...
And, do they replace the brakes on the used cars before passing the problem to an unsuspecting buyer?

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And, do they replace the brakes on the used cars before passing the problem to an unsuspecting buyer?
No and look at the brakes of the cars on the forecourt that have been washed and not moved.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom