Ivinghoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 180 Classic SE Komp 54 Plate
Very recently acquired a C180 Classic SE Komp 54 plate 65k

Can anyone advise of this cars "W" type number

The car is in good order with full service history but the automatic gear lever "surround indicator" plate which indicates the gears etc has come loose
Is there a quick fix ?

Last edited:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Ivinghoe, welcome to the forum. You have a W203 there, hope it give you long and reliable service :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

The "W" number is the first 3 numbers (not letters...) of your VIN - have a look in the corner of your windscreen (pax side outside)

As for the gear lever surround does it come off completely? There might be some clips that can be clipped back in.

OP
I

Ivinghoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Ivinghoe, welcome to the forum. You have a W203 there, hope it give you long and reliable service :)
Thank you for that

The car had it's B service yesterday, and I mentioned to the service garage that there were "creaking" sounds from underneath .
The garage sprayed the bushes and other relevant parts whilst it was up on the ramp with the wheels off - but the creaking still persists
Any ideas as to where this may be coming from and is there any remedy ?

Regards

OP
I

Ivinghoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome,

The "W" number is the first 3 numbers (not letters...) of your VIN - have a look in the corner of your windscreen (pax side outside)

As for the gear lever surround does it come off completely? There might be some clips that can be clipped back in.

Thank you

It does not appear to come off completely, but lifts up approx. 1/4 inch, it does appear that a clip on the drivers side has broken off

The car had it's B service yesterday, and the service garage said that the whole assembly needs replacing a high cost - but are they correct, as |I was hoping that the surround only could be replaced

There must be electrical connections underneath connecting the C and S switch on top

Regards

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi and welcome to the forum

RickC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Compressor Estate 2006
Welcome.

Hope you enjoy the 203. I love mine!