What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Think I've done the front screen of my audio 20 in the CLK (that I messed up last week by pulling the plastic film off ) , got it all polished and refitted with double sided tape . It's not perfect and I'm waiting for Mrs W to fully sign off the work , so we'll see .

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
Let's have a pic please buddy :D

Not much to see, I've had to mount it up behind the rear view mirror because the FM transmitter wasn't strong enough to give a hiss free signal when I mounted it bottom right. From the front you can see two suction discs, one is for the dashcam, obv. The wiring is a bit messy, needs sorting. I'm also probably going to use the self adhesive mount as it's lower in profile than the other one.

Also bought one of these http://tinyurl.com/y5z7w9ph

The first BT streaming adapter which I've found that outputs a decent enough amperage to allow for fast charge on tablets and fits in the front 12V socket without in interfering with the gear selector.

Last edited:

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Replaced the gearbox pilot bush today as it had started weeping and didn't want it to bugger up the TCU, also whilst I was underneath I wound up the adjusters on the torsion bars to the highest setting, quite surprised at the increase in ride height .

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Took all 3 sproglets out in the King Tiger of MPVs today. My assumptions are all proved out! Loadsa room, comfy, easy to manoeuvre...

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Likewise with my W201. 195 mile round trip, every miles was enjoyed. :)
There really is something about older Mercedes. The first thing that struck me driving the 129 was how it feels hewn from granite.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
That’s not such a bad amount all things considering. It’s the unexpected uplift from a £20 repair to 4 new tyres that takes some absorbing. :(

Its a bit of a shock to get all right.....but when you think about it,just look at that could have happened in the circumstances....blow-out on the motor way ( or anywhere else ) lots of possibly very bad outcomes in a situation like that...most benign might only be having to change a wheel ( while it's raining cat's and dog's ) and you are all dressed up, and all ready late for an appointment. Now you can relax, knowing that where the tyres are concerned, you are "Home and Dry".

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Well we have had Neff white goods for many years now and they have never faltered. Our Washer Drier for instance is in 15 years old and hasn't even hiccupped, and it is on pretty much every day !!. :D

Having said what I said our 2 year old Smeg toaster gave up the ghost on Saturday morning and blew the fuses in the house. My wife attempted to use it again on Sunday morning thinking that it was just a freak event and of course it blew the fuses again. So, that's another £120.00 out of the window to replace that. If we hadn't had the Kettle and Toaster as a matching pair it might have been a bit cheaper, oh well never mind :rolleyes::(

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Borrowing a GLC 350d for awhile, nice 4 hour journey in it and it goes pretty well. The journey would have been more fun in my SLK but needs must.

Not a fan of 19" AMG wheels,although they do look very nice and I'm even less of a fan of extra black with a side order of black interiors. Good news is the Artico hasn't spilt yet... (it is almost brand new though):D

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
Its a bit of a shock to get all right.....but when you think about it,just look at that could have happened in the circumstances....blow-out on the motor way ( or anywhere else ) lots of possibly very bad outcomes in a situation like that...most benign might only be having to change a wheel ( while it's raining cat's and dog's ) and you are all dressed up, and all ready late for an appointment. Now you can relax, knowing that where the tyres are concerned, you are "Home and Dry".

My thoughts exactly, would rather be safe than sorry. Good rubber on the road is probably the most important part of the car, followed by the brakes, and shouldn’t be overlooked. I have a feeling though that I know where the damage happened, the missus is working behind a building site and tip depot, and I have been dropping her off at work. Needless to say, she now has to walk a bit further as I won’t go back in there. A screw, a nail, and a slashed tyre through the tread all the way to the belts, all in a short time frame, there is nowhere else I really could have gotten it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Just wondering if it would be feasible ( or even possible) to send them the bill for the damaged replacement tyre's? Probably not....unfortunately. But I do know of a case where a electioneering poster fell on to the road, and a car got punctured when driving over it. So the driver took his tyre , the poster and the invoice to the local HQ of the candidate, and he got his money ( after making a fuss about going public on it )

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
Just wondering if it would be feasible ( or even possible) to send them the bill for the damaged replacement tyre's? Probably not....unfortunately. But I do know of a case where a electioneering poster fell on to the road, and a car got punctured when driving over it. So the driver took his tyre , the poster and the invoice to the local HQ of the candidate, and he got his money ( after making a fuss about going public on it )

I guess it would be possible to ask, but near impossible to prove. As a gesture of good faith the missus boss is going to chuck £50 in to cover part of the cost. Not worth pushing I don’t think.

On the poster one I think they were within rights, as would anyone suffering damage from all these potholes.

However, I wish I could go to the local council with all the bills I used to get for suspension components from them putting humps on every damned road I used to live near.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Business trip to the City, top down on way home, spring has arrived!

Mercedes SL500 R231

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Roof down trip in the CLK :D , lovely weather !
The journeys purpose was to see the Mother in Law :(

Overcast and bluddy cold up here !! :(

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom