Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
You either have a very large drive or very understanding neighbours!! :D
Ah no it's not as bad as that most of the children have their own drive, but still think that parents represent the best value in solving car issues.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
I use Swinton for £8.99 a month I'm covered for any car I own or in at the time. My wifes car broke down last year got that brought back to the house or garage was a good service. Thankfully iv never had to use it. You get 1 hours "try and fix it".

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Thanks for the link.Tried trawling through the site but couldn't find any reference to a vehicle age limit. Do you know if there is one? Important because I have a couple of cars nearly as old as me.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Thanks for the link.Tried trawling through the site but couldn't find any reference to a vehicle age limit. Do you know if there is one? Important because I have a couple of cars nearly as old as me.
Pretty sure there is no car age limit, I would call to be sure though.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I had an email from the RAC yesterday that they’re doing 50% off until the end of tomorrow. Ticking all the boxes (roadside, relay and onward travel for any vehicle) came in at less than £65. I paid £125 with the AA last year then got nearly £55 cash back.

I don’t need to renew just yet but a very good deal.
Update, I cancelled the AA renewal as it was just silly at over £200 initially, they would get it down to £125 but I cancelled as I do every year to get a better deal via topcashback.

Went with RAC as they were giving most cashback

upload_2019-5-7_15-17-45.png

upload_2019-5-7_15-16-55.png

So cover for me in any vehicle with roadside, relay and onward travel works out to £62.50 for the year.

I'll be getting the £62.50 back in a few months from Topcashback and depending on how I take the money I can get another 8.5% or ~ £5.30 so £67.80 back :)

I know that many on here have cover via banks or credit cards and have had good service. I know they'll come and give you roadside but do they take you to a garage or location of your choosing?

Cover at the side of the road is good but there's no way I want to be stuck having to be taken to whatever garage they choose as they have you over a barrel (and they know it).

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Just canned off the AA after 12 years of the charade on renewal prices...

Gone over to the rac as I can use my Tesco points and get the triple boost... yes price is inflated this way but it’s cost me nothing more than my regular shopping and 2 tanks of diesel a week through my company fuel card - so I’m happy...

Cleck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQC 400
Update, I cancelled the AA renewal as it was just silly at over £200 initially, they would get it down to £125 but I cancelled as I do every year to get a better deal via topcashback.

Went with RAC as they were giving most cashback

View attachment 49914

View attachment 49913

So cover for me in any vehicle with roadside, relay and onward travel works out to £62.50 for the year.

I'll be getting the £62.50 back in a few months from Topcashback and depending on how I take the money I can get another 8.5% or ~ £5.30 so £67.80 back :)

I know that many on here have cover via banks or credit cards and have had good service. I know they'll come and give you roadside but do they take you to a garage or location of your choosing?

Cover at the side of the road is good but there's no way I want to be stuck having to be taken to whatever garage they choose as they have you over a barrel (and they know it).

The wife had a puncture last week (and drove on the flat tyre for 15 miles or so...), so she called out the breakdown from our Nationwide Bank account. I went and took her my car, so she could go home and I waitied with her car. When the independant recovery driver turned up, he took me to the tyre place of my choice without query, rather than just the nearest one. I've used them a couple of times and each time it was a different independant, but they were both really flexible and helpful. Maybe I've just been lucky.

OP
McDonald

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
AA earned its money today. My little Peugeot was smoky and smelly after a 1 mile drive. As I had to fork out £400 to change a cylinder head gasket two years ago (after a lot of shopping around for an acceptable quote), I immediately assumed I was into the same territory. But no.
AA arrived in 30 mins, quickly diagnosed oil pressure switch. Located part 10 miles away and went off to get it. Fitted and problem solved. Part cost £11 and change.
Courteous, efficient and inexpensive. Result.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I had a few issues with the AA after bring with them for about 10 years, then switched to the RAC and been happy with the service and renewals everytime.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom