What Waxes and Polishes do you use?

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Ahh...reminded me of Hotel Golden Orange - I was involved with work on Western Holdings Gold Mine back in the 80s.

Wow! I worked at Harmony Gold Mine as a Reduction Official in the Amalgam Room - I still don't believe the shite I handles there! Buckets of Cyanide, Mercury and Caustic Soda. If you know what is entailed you know what I'm talking about.... Moebie stuff!

Ans before I worked for Welkom Honda I also did a stint at Western Holdings Saaiplaas as a Environmental Control Officer 2km's underground. I decided to leave after there was an almighty "Bump" and 6 guys working in a Stope I had just left doing measurements died!! I never went down again....

I eventually left there to go back to Zim - the Middus hated the place, and I wasn't too keen either.

Here's me standing next to my Boss Karl and work colleague Colin at The Welkom Honda Braai 1982 - a lifetime ago...!!! :shock:

TBMGg19.jpg

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
I always take it to the local jet wash which has added shampoo then super resin polish then extra gloss protection. I think I does a good job. Is there anything that is better? I'm going to scitp at the weekend and going to shine the old girl up any better recommendations?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I always take it to the local jet wash which has added shampoo then super resin polish then extra gloss protection. I think I does a good job. Is there anything that is better? I'm going to scitp at the weekend and going to shine the old girl up any better recommendations?

SRP is excellent but Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer instead of the EGP is much easier, simply spray on and buff

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SONAX-2874...880205&s=gateway&sprefix=sonax,aps,167&sr=8-1

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Just remembered I have 2 x bottles of this in the garage I got at ECP couple of years ago on a two for one (£7.50 IIRC), might use it up at Donington this weekend :)

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Auto Bright Carnauba Wax deep wet look shine. Quite easy and quick, I like quick, washing and polishing cars is in no way enjoyable.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Auto Bright Carnauba Wax deep wet look shine. Quite easy and quick, I like quick, washing and polishing cars is in no way enjoyable.
It's one of those jobs that if you have limited time they are a nightmare.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Whatever's under the kitchen sink*:rolleyes:

*Lights blue touch paper and retires

Don’t you mean “runs” Russell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
After decontamination I’ll either use 3M Ultrafine on a rotary polisher or if it’s in good nick a couple of coats of SRP followed by Collinite 915 Marque d’elegance. Followed by trim dressing etc.

I’ve had the collinite for around 5 years now and probably used it around 10 times. I just can’t use that stuff up! It lasts for several months.

2c099a861af04da04e8f1032a5bdccc9.jpg

e7d19022a65ac8923b9ac2c6b136420e.jpg

Love your red Coupe.

Adamki83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E-class, 2005, E270CDI (2.7) + 1992 Mercedes 500SL (R129)
Hi All..

Very likely already covered somewhere on here, but as it's that time of the year when we get round to spring cleaning I'm just wondering what the guys and gals are using on their Merc's?

Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
For Washing the outside i generally use autoglym, and same goes with using clay bars for me it didnt make a difference what brand i used!
For wax i used dodo juice, apply a few coats and it lasts for months, also they do specific colours for different types of colours on cars!

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
For Washing the outside i generally use autoglym, and same goes with using clay bars for me it didnt make a difference what brand i used!
For wax i used dodo juice, apply a few coats and it lasts for months, also they do specific colours for different types of colours on cars!
Have you ever used their top coat/sealant after waxing?

Adamki83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E-class, 2005, E270CDI (2.7) + 1992 Mercedes 500SL (R129)
Have you ever used their top coat/sealant after waxing?
Yes i have also used dodo juice sealant too, its kind of a green liquid, pretty easy too apply, im about due a full wax and sealant now!

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Yes i have also used dodo juice sealant too, its kind of a green liquid, pretty easy too apply, im about due a full wax and sealant now!

That's the Future Armour. I bought 5L of it. Works well, its reasonably easy to apply but in the heat you have to be careful to avoid staining.

They revised the formula late last year, saying its more user friendly IIRC and I've not tried that.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom