2015 E Class Coupe 350CDI

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
I was thinking about pan Roof... then I read somewhere (some review site ) that the seals are prone to give way as well as the guides need cleaning/ lubricating , etc. So am a little reluctant to get a pan Roof
Mine is ok, and there are a lot here that have pan roof. If you keep up with the service lubricating is part of the service. Also, my seals are perfect still and mine is a 2013. My roof from the outside is lovely, my roof is pretty much glass.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Make sure it's in absolute A1 minted condition for that money.

I bought a '59 plate E350 CDi Coupe last year and paid almost 2K over the odds because I didn't do enough research.

All I could see was a minted low milage (17K) Coupe and full service history, which was a mix of MB and Indie.

Just out of curiousity I checked a couple of those "We buy any car" type web sites after a years ownership to get a valuation for insurace and discovered I've lost 6K at trade prices and 4K at retail.

It's just as well I love the car and intend to keep it, because basically I have no choice, due to letting my heart rule my head.

Please don't get caught out the same way 'cos negative equity is a bitch.

quinnj3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport Coupe Auto 227bhp
My coupe is a little older at 2010 but basically the same. Practicality wise it’s pretty good. 2 x young kids 3 & 5 years old when I bought the car 2 years ago. Car seats are a bit of a pain, they don’t fit brilliantly in the sports style rear seats. Now the kids are a little bit older they strap themselves in so no issues there anymore. It’s not just the kids that love the Pano roof either. Best extra available bar the lighting pack.

For me the bi-xenon lights are fantastic living on small country roads they move with the steering wheel to point in the direction you are going.

Great car but as the guys have said there is plenty about so don’t pull the trigger on the first one, test drive a few to see how they differ and ensure it has good service history. Mine had low miles for year but with little service history and I’m possibly paying the price for it although all is a good car once again.

The 3.0 derv engine is a peach. The gearbox is smooth in all modes but especially responsive in sport mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

jon123

Reaction score
Thanks all so much for your input.. the biggest plus point for me on this car is mileage and fsh, plus the features it has (except on roof now that I’ve heard from the forum members)... now I’m thinking perhaps I should hold out for a pan roof model instead... my aim is to keep the car for a while, hence the low mileage is a plus point... so I’m now in 2 minds !

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Thanks all so much for your input.. the biggest plus point for me on this car is mileage and fsh, plus the features it has (except on roof now that I’ve heard from the forum members)... now I’m thinking perhaps I should hold out for a pan roof model instead... my aim is to keep the car for a while, hence the low mileage is a plus point... so I’m now in 2 minds !

Jekyll & Hyde?
Schizophrenia?
Excitement?
Doubt?

JFDI once you find a pano roof model. JBell will be along with a choice, soon.

OP
J

jon123

Reaction score
Hi all, so... an update... I think I’m going to go for this one... ok.. it has no pano roof, but other than that I think it’s the right car for me - white with black interior... those in the know.. can you please advise about the following features.. (I find it’s better to ask those who are actually familiar with 1st hand use than a dealer reading from a brochure) :

1. LED Intelligent Light System - high-performance headlamps . What exactly are these ? Are they like xenons?

2. AMG sports package

3. Premium Package

4. Agility control package

5. Agility Control sports suspension

6. Interior lighting package

7. Remote Online

Thanks as always!

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Make sure it's in absolute A1 minted condition for that money.

I bought a '59 plate E350 CDi Coupe last year and paid almost 2K over the odds because I didn't do enough research.

All I could see was a minted low milage (17K) Coupe and full service history, which was a mix of MB and Indie.

Just out of curiousity I checked a couple of those "We buy any car" type web sites after a years ownership to get a valuation for insurace and discovered I've lost 6K at trade prices and 4K at retail.

It's just as well I love the car and intend to keep it, because basically I have no choice, due to letting my heart rule my head.

Please don't get caught out the same way 'cos negative equity is a bitch.

If you had put it into WBAC before you bought it it would still have been way below market value. You can never buy a decent car for what you can sell it for. You always get a big hit just driving it off the forecourt. That's cars for you. On WBAC my car is worth a bag of crisps and a diet coke. But I love it, it's mint and I'll keep it for ever. (or until it dies anyway) In the long run it's always paying a little extra if you get a car you love.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Does it have COMAND?

ILS is very good headlights point where you are steering etc and better than Xenons

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Does it have COMAND?

ILS is very good headlights point where you are steering etc and better than Xenons
So ILS doesn't mean that you've got Xenons? A chap at work has ILS, and he always said that that was the best optional extra he's ever put on a car.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Wow, that is very clever indeed. Won't be cheap, but a good idea.
My friends 2015 E-Class saloon had them - almost like magic how they shadowed out just the oncoming cars.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Mine has the LED ILS - amazing to see a dark box round the car in front with my lights shining either side. They must wonder what’s happening!

anglaslt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
LHD B63S Brabus (CL63 AMG) and RHD BMW X3 M40i
Have you considered a C207 E400 Coupe?

M276 V6 bi-turbo petrol with 333hp. A super smooth, super quiet car with strong performance from 3.0 V6 (or 3.5 V6 depending on build date).

Last edited:
OP
J

jon123

Reaction score
Have you considered a C207 E400 Coupe?

M276 V6 bi-turbo petrol with 333hp. A super smooth, super quiet car with strong performance from 3.0 V6 (or 3.5 V6 depending on build date).
I was considering the E400, but fuel costs would be too high I think

OP
J

jon123

Reaction score
Hi all, so... an update... I think I’m going to go for this one... ok.. it has no pano roof, but other than that I think it’s the right car for me - white with black interior... those in the know.. can you please advise about the following features.. (I find it’s better to ask those who are actually familiar with 1st hand use than a dealer reading from a brochure) :

1. LED Intelligent Light System - high-performance headlamps . What exactly are these ? Are they like xenons?

2. AMG sports package

3. Premium Package

4. Agility control package

5. Agility Control sports suspension

6. Interior lighting package

7. Remote Online

Thanks as always!
Thanks for the info re ILS. Can some please also advise about the other features? Thanks again

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom