Cl500 Misfire

fourcandles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk230 jba felcon cl500 2002
Hi i have taken the car to local ind and got him to put it on star it showed a misfire on cylinder one . brought two new plug leads two spark plugs still has misfire , so changed coil pack from cylinder one with cylinder 3 misfire still shows on cylinder one does this rule out coil pack ? Could this mean i may have a wiring problem ? or do i need to look elsewhere.
Kind regards Dominic

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I would say there is nothing wrong on the spark ignition side. These engines, like the V6's suffer from water in the fuel rails. It may have even goosed the injector.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I would say there is nothing wrong on the spark ignition side. These engines, like the V6's suffer from water in the fuel rails. It may have even goosed the injector.
Where does the water come from S?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
over time water does get in the fuel , dodgy delivery ,not cleaning tanks, and sometimes condensation in yr tank ,mostly avoided by keeping tank full, something i suspect a lot of owners no longer do . last yr i had to replace a PERFECT looking tank on my GSX1400 1000 euro ! because the bike is so damn heavy one leaves it on side stand and water in fuel settles in one place,result pin holes. needless to say some beancounter has decided that drain plugs are no longer needed ,think he/she now working or benz.....

Top Bottom