Nobody will fix k series h/g

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Worked for me from my iPad
Works on my iPhone as well.

I’ll try my Nokia 6310i :rolleyes: (battery should still be fully charged) :D

OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
No matter what I try it won't work

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Works on my iPhone as well.

I’ll try my Nokia 6310i :rolleyes: (battery should still be fully charged) :D
Was the battery on a 6310i capable of ever losing charge? They always seemed to be perpetual motion machines!

OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
I'll need to find somebody to do it

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
Thanks but I'm in South Glasgow

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
I presume you got New Head Bolts because those will be needed as they are "one-use" only.

Not actually correct. The stretch bolts have a tolerance where they only need replacing if this has been exceeded. However with a car of this age and moving to a newer type of HG I would replace them anyway.

I would also be replacing the ladder rail with the updated strengthened one as well whilst doing this job.

OP - I see you have already started a thread on mg-rover.org. There are a few mobile mechanics on there who will come to you and do the job for around the same as many garages will do it. They have the experience of doing hundreds of these.

Dave and Kayleigh www.facebook.com/mgrovermobilemechanics would be a good example and the last number I had for them was 07595708278

Russell, linked to above is another reputable guy.

Dreadnoughts is an ex dealer (may still be), but certainly knew the engine. More known for their KV6 engine work though.

If you need any help I am still an admin on that forum.

OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
Thanks I spoke to Paul earlier and explained things but again it's getting to him ie after about 1-2 miles there's steam behind me and some water underneath although that only when the gauge hits 9 o'clock ie normal.

He has a recovery though.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Other thing to check on these are the pipes that run the full length under the car from the radiator at the front to the engine at the rear. They can tend to leak causing issues as well. If they haven't been replaced I'd do them too.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks I spoke to Paul earlier and explained things but again it's getting to him ie after about 1-2 miles there's steam behind me and some water underneath although that only when the gauge hits 9 o'clock ie normal.

He has a recovery though.
Recovery is the answer, it’s going to be difficult otherwise ....

OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
Many thanks guys for help and advice it really is appreciated :)

400xl... you will have saw my posts ect, if I thought somebody even from down south would come up I would gladly reward them. I was talking to somebody earlier in a club I go to they said to get a new expansion cap, see where the water is coming and fix it put new oat coolant in and try it THEN worry about the head.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Expansion caps can be an issue. I used to change mine every 3 years regardless as they weakened over time. Those leaking under pressure and the under car pipes leaking are two thinks to check for. You could replace the cap, refill it and run it to check for any leaks. Make sure you do not run it up past normal temperature though, so be eagle eyed on the gauge. It is easy to warp the head with over heating on these.

The likes of Dave / Kayleigh and Russel do travel the country doing this, I believe they just charge mileage over a certain distance. Try contacting one of them to see.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom