Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neale Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220d premium plus AMG
Hey guys

i hope you are all well, I'm new here however i have owned 4 Mercs in the last 5 years which were the 2014 A200 which bought me into the benz world, although i hated the car after 6 months as i was travelling 100's of miles each week so i swapped after 1 yr for the 2012 62 plate C250 and absolutely loved it but a few thing started to cost me money so again 1 yr later and although not very happy about it i got the 2014 C250 premium plus, i never liked this cars looks in comparison to the 2012 but a week or 2 down the line and i was realy enjoying it, i got used to the handling and new blinds spots and enjoyed it for a little under 2 and a 1/2 years, i had this one remapped after 18 months to put a little more fun back into it and that re lit my fire with 252bhp 410lb torque which was a big jump from 204bhp and the throttle response was instant, loved it. now i know this isn't a fast car in comparison to most but still it surprised a few c250,s when i left them at the lights.

Now, after the build up, here is my problem. With deep regrets i had to get a new car, absolutely gutted to say the least!!!! and this is what lead me to this decision.... stone chip in wind screen, wake up in the morning, turn car on, chip instantly turns into a crack from 6" from the bottom driver side corner down and across the bottom below the dash line and 6" back up the passenger side!!! this was totally out of me view and had all intentions of getting it repaired the following week. one week later i run out of washer fluid, so i fill it up and nothing came out so i primed it a few times every 5 - 10 mins and then it stopped all together. so i go to my brothers house who pointed out that the out side of my tire was bald on the passenger side out edge!!!

That was it for me, no warranty left so i sold it and bought a great looking but very slow 2016 C220d premium plus in black with AMG 19" multi spoke alloys, wood effect interior trim and swanky clock, drive assist and lane control ect, i actually really like it until that time at the traffic lights, look across to acknowledge that we are about to do this and then 170bhp lets me down terribly. So guys i saw a thing called a box tune plug and play professional install boasting 40% bhp increase taking it to 218bhp 398(ish) lb torque,

Has any one tried these mods yet and are they worth it??
My last remap was a quantum tune and was real fun to drive with a massive noticeable change but i heard that a remap will void the warranty, is this correct and is the box tune plug n play a good option??

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry about the long intro but i had to set the mood if you get me.

P.S My last name really is Benz :)

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Get a remap not a box

There a plenty of reputable mappers - where are you located?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi and welcome.
Remap every time (by a reputable tuner such as MSL or GAD).
Box tunes are at best a guess as to what your car will tolerate and are often the subject of engine management lights coming on.

OP
N

Neale Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220d premium plus AMG
Get a remap not a box

There a plenty of reputable mappers - where are you located?
will a remap void any warranty?

OP
N

Neale Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220d premium plus AMG
Hi and welcome.
Remap every time (by a reputable tuner such as MSL or GAD).
Box tunes are at best a guess as to what your car will tolerate and are often the subject of engine management lights coming on.
thanks, ill stick to the remap, any thing out there better than quantum remaps? i heard they were good and i did enjoy mine.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Quantum are a bit of a compromise. 100% remap over tuning box though, no competition.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome Neale, MSL on the Armoury are your guys, remap for sure and they will eek any last bit of power out...

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Hey guys, i hope you are all well... ... but i heard that a remap will void the warranty, is this correct ??

P.S My last name really is Benz :)

will a remap void any warranty?

Hello Neale and welcome to the forum, there are two elephants in the ‘Remap Room’ as far as I can see;

1. Will the Remap affect my warranty?

2. Will the Remap affect my Insurance?
The answer to both questions, I would expect to be a ‘Yes’ but would warmly welcome a ‘No’ to a positive result after contacting my insurance company and local MB dealership, because only they can provide you with a definitive answer to your questions, your insurance for instance, will look at an employed 60 Year old with a clean driving license and full NCD more favourably as opposed to the polar opposite, the result will change for every policyholder!

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
To answer the above questions:

1. Only if the dealer can prove that changes to the map caused direct failures (EG, turbo failure due to overboosting etc).
2. Most insurance companies wont charge up to a certain power increase.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom