Old/Used Oil.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
There was a time I don't suppose it happens (quite so much) now when the night shifts were highly productive for the staff.

The ever ingenious workforce would load allsorts into skips etc for collection later, how some places ever made any money was the mystery.
I could write pages.......

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
There was a time I don't suppose it happens (quite so much) now when the night shifts were highly productive for the staff.

The ever ingenious workforce would load allsorts into skips etc for collection later, how some places ever made any money was the mystery.
I could write pages.......
Yes, so could I...One of our shift leaders in the late sixties regularly brought in engines and gearboxes to strip and clean. The big presses were great for pressing out gudgeon pins and suspension bushes. Some cars sat on jacks during the night while bits were repaired in the Lab for the morning. Petrol tanks were always properly gas-tested before repair, though!!

Ernie

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Petrol tanks were always properly gas-tested before repair, though!!
No sense of adventure.....;)

A mate had a leak in his 10 gallon tank fitted to his Ford Anglia rally car.
He removed the tank, filled full of water, drained it, refilled with water, drained it, refilled again, drained it. Hooked it up with a pipe from a running car engine (thinking less oxygen in the exhaust) and started to weld it....
The bang was heard a mile away. Fortunately the tank survived and he was (aside from ringing in his ears for a day or so) absolutely fine.
He later refitted his 11 gallon tank and ran the car for several years with no further issues. :)

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom