I'm off

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
So I get great friends and family discount on Fords and I have obtained an amazing deal on this:
www.ford.co.uk/s/jv6u

Focus ST-Line X, 1.5 182bhp auto, with Convenience pack (reversing camera, active park assist) in Magnetic grey.

Drives very nicely, Ford have always done good handling cars.

Comes with good spec, heated electric front seats, dual climate, touchscreen nav, keyless go, traffic recognition bollocks etc.

Delivery in July.

And it's made in Germany!

I'll have some mb bits and an icarsoft mbii to sell once the C is gone.

Liked my C but getting too old and too expensive and I can't bring myself to PCP an expensive new one.

Last edited:

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
I worked in a Ford dealership for a quite a few years, so I have a good opinion of them.They give a lot of bang for the buck. When I was looking for a car, Ford Mondeo was also on the shopping list, and it just happened thet the Merc came along. I wish you "Good Luck" with it, and be nice if you can drop in now and again and update us on the new arrival !!!

OP
Yugguy

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I test drove the manual version. Ford have always made mainstream cars that handle better than they have a right to and this is the same.

Chose the 8speed auto so if I'm in the mood I can have fun with the flappy paddles, otherwise when I'm feeling tired and lazy I can just bimble home on full auto.

July seems a long while off though.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yip good luck, looks nice that and great spec.. stick around though, like most of us you might be back...

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
This does look a lovely car, my son had a Focus ST which he sold and always regretted.

The MPG does not look great though, I’m not far off those figures in my 3 litre E350.

Are you hanging around to input on the politics?

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I worked for Ford Motor Company for quite a few years and Ford was your world during that time. That I think has put me off Ford, not for any driveability, Build quality, comfort or any other reason, just fact that there were nothing else but Ford in those days and it was nice just to get away from them. :)

Now I have an MB i wouldn't choose anything else, it's a choice thing. Good luck with the ST, it certainly enjoys good press, hope it stands up to your expectations :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Good luck buddy , I had Fords all the time until MB , all very good reliable cars , don't think I could go back though .
I much prefer the MB experience , be interested to hear how you get on . Im sure the new car experience will last for 2-3 years , maybe you will be back afte that :D

OP
Yugguy

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The thing is, my C is still nice to drive but it's 11 years old now, and costing regular cash. If it was something interesting with a big V6 I'd keep putting it in but it's not, it's an old dirty diesel.

The Privilege discount I got via the friends and family thing got me £2500 off list plus free convenience pack and colour.
I am trading in the C and putting down £2500. To have PCPed a new C class of similar spec and same mileage and monthly cost I would have had to put down £8000. Yes, I will miss the badge and RWD but they aren't worth £5500 to me.

It'll likely cost me 500 quid every 2 years to roll the car over to the next new one.

I'm also at the time of life where I don't have the time and energy to work on my own cars.

My two major outgoings are mortgage and car. Mortgage has just gone onto a 10 year fixed after which it will be almost paid, and now the car is a fixed price per month. Swap just before the service and it won't cost anything else.

So I'll know exactly what I can put in savings, pension, daughter's ISA. I like certainty so this is important to me.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The thing is, my C is still nice to drive but it's 11 years old now, and costing regular cash. If it was something interesting with a big V6 I'd keep putting it in but it's not, it's an old dirty diesel.

The Privilege discount I got via the friends and family thing got me £2500 off list plus free convenience pack and colour.
I am trading in the C and putting down £2500. To have PCPed a new C class of similar spec and same mileage and monthly cost I would have had to put down £8000. Yes, I will miss the badge and RWD but they aren't worth £5500 to me.

It'll likely cost me 500 quid every 2 years to roll the car over to the next new one.

I'm also at the time of life where I don't have the time and energy to work on my own cars.

My two major outgoings are mortgage and car. Mortgage has just gone onto a 10 year fixed after which it will be almost paid, and now the car is a fixed price per month. Swap just before the service and it won't cost anything else.

So I'll know exactly what I can put in savings, pension, daughter's ISA. I like certainty so this is important to me.
Can't find any fault there buddy , good job !

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
All the best with your new purchase
but stay around on the forum there may be times your knowledge may help someone else out. Good health to you .

OP
Yugguy

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Will do. I'll have some mb bits to sell which I won't ask much for.

Looking round the garage I have some unused Brembo front pads and furniture (caliper bolts, sliding pins) for 295mm disks, a 5g dipstick, 5 litres of genuine 229.51 oil and a Haynes W204 workshop manual.

OP
Yugguy

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So collected it yesterday.

IMG_20190611_112605.jpg IMG_20190611_112611.jpg IMG_20190611_112621.jpg
First impressions are that it is a very nice car, quality has certainly been upped for this new generation.

With 182bhp it is quite brisk but not outright fast.

Acres of room inside both front and back. All sorts of collision assist and speed assist and other crap

Handles amazingly well but not spine-crunchingly hard,

It's weird coming from a saloon to a hatch and remembering I can reverse back further.

Bit snatchy on take up when the auto box is in S, like my nephews A class.

And I have to remember it is fwd so it will spin if I'm not careful.

All in all for a FWD hatch under 30k it is very, very good and very well equipped.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's very shiny buddy , enjoy :D

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Hope you look in on us from time to time, I for one will will be interested in how you get on with the car

Ford make a very good product nowadays the Focus Mk1 and Mk2 we had in the family with a combined mileage of 120k needed very little other than scheduled servicing, a couple of rear wheel bearings and a rear shock absorber, very impressive

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
So collected it yesterday.

View attachment 50660 View attachment 50661 View attachment 50662
First impressions are that it is a very nice car, quality has certainly been upped for this new generation.

With 182bhp it is quite brisk but not outright fast.

Acres of room inside both front and back. All sorts of collision assist and speed assist and other crap

Handles amazingly well but not spine-crunchingly hard,

It's weird coming from a saloon to a hatch and remembering I can reverse back further.

Bit snatchy on take up when the auto box is in S, like my nephews A class.

And I have to remember it is fwd so it will spin if I'm not careful.

All in all for a FWD hatch under 30k it is very, very good and very well equipped.
Looks nice, I've seen a few of the new Focai recently on my travels and think they're very "A-Class" like from behind :)

OP
Yugguy

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have a theory that for each generation the cars tend to be similar. The new Hyundai I10 looks like the wife's fiesta.

I tried the self-parking earlier. I bottled it half-way through. Terrifying, it steers and brakes and changes gear, I just couldn't let it.

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
There isn't any membership criteria you have to conform to, as long as you continue to contribute as you have done to date I'm sure your comments and opinions will be as welcome as a Ford owner just as they were as a Mercedes owner so Please don't go....
:)

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
my brother has a manual version in the same colour , he complains about wheelspin but I reckon that summer tyres that are on it , other than that rear space isn't the best but then most cars of this size aren't generous in that department

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom