Trieste Split Ljubljana

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
We are off on holiday shortly alway drive round Europe for a couple of weeks, & try a new areas.
Part of the holiday we will be driving from Trieste to Split, & back up to Ljubljana.
I have not driven this way before, the motorway toll is about £30 each way. I am thinking about doing the journey on A roads, which I know will take an extra couple of hours.
Just wondering if anyone has done this route & can offer an advice?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I've driven around Slovenia a bit and the main roads are generally very good - lots of new roads going in when I was last there that should all be finished now.

Some of the smaller roads are a bit more basic but still lots of fun and very driveable

OP
sonic

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've driven around Slovenia a bit and the main roads are generally very good - lots of new roads going in when I was last there that should all be finished now.

Some of the smaller roads are a bit more basic but still lots of fun and very driveable
Went down as far a Lake Bled & Ljubljana two years ago, no problems at all. The coast road looks a little twisty in places which will keep the speed down. But we have all day to get down.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Went down as far a Lake Bled & Ljubljana two years ago, no problems at all. The coast road looks a little twisty in places which will keep the speed down. But we have all day to get down.
I've driven down through Austria to Lake Bled, then through Ljubljana and onto Metlika - also across to Venice and into Croatia - would love to do it on my bike and/or my SLK

OP
sonic

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've driven down through Austria to Lake Bled, then through Ljubljana and onto Metlika - also across to Venice and into Croatia - would love to do it on my bike and/or my SLK
We stop just outside Bolzano in a village on their festival weekend. Then this year on to Trieste for a night then down to Split for a week.
I have done the Dolomites in South Tyrol several times on my bike, its a long way down. But we always have the second night in the Black Forrest, to break up the journey.
My wife docent travel light & the E350CDI is just great as a grand tourer.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom