Retro Fit Reversing Camera CLK - Video Button

Rag Top Bod

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 280 Aventgarde 3L V6 Converable
Hi,

Newbe here, and straight off with a question.

I would like to fit a reversing camera to my 2008 CLK Aventrgade.

If its of help to let you know It has a built in Satnav and a button that says video. When pressing video a message appears to say no device is connected. (What is this button for)

does anybody have any experience of adding a camera into this system?

crippo2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 (R230) & CLK350 (W209)
Hi,

Newbe here, and straight off with a question.

I would like to fit a reversing camera to my 2008 CLK Aventrgade.

If its of help to let you know It has a built in Satnav and a button that says video. When pressing video a message appears to say no device is connected. (What is this button for)

does anybody have any experience of adding a camera into this system?
not sure if you can connect a RV Camera directly to the head unit, but you can add a reversing camera, install a video controller that has the effect of diverting the display so as to show the RV Camera automatically. You will also need to take the head unit apart to add a small 3 relay daughterboard to interface between the NTG2 hardware and the display.
Not overly difficult but quite spendy.
look at car-solutions.com - they should have all the bits you need.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
The CLK was never offered with a reverse camera so factory parts are not available.

The video button was for the cars with TV fitted.

The way to achieve a reverse camera is to fit a video/TV emulator to the fibre ring and then when you select reverse you will need to press the video button to display the image. The CLK was never programmed to auto switch the signal when reverse is selected.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom