What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Ooooh some new suspension arms and silent gliding is resumed, (The Old ball joints were rattling)
Few other bits n bobs and it’s running beautifully (thanks Terry@WG) :)

New Mot, no advisories - I’m a happy boy ;)

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Decided to take the old girl for a "wee hurl"

(English translation :- A leisurely jaunt.)

She has done less than ten miles in the last two weeks as I have been busy laying slabs in the garden and revarnishing my garden furniture.
Picture proof :- See what a good boy I am, recycling my old slabs and tarting up the seat set? No waste! :rolleyes::D

IMG_3749.JPG IMG_3753.JPG IMG_3759.JPG IMG_3755.JPG

After some fifty miles, I realised I still had some chores to do before bed, so, returned and got them done too.

I had forgotten how smooth she was to drive, it really was such a pleasure, a daily hurl could become habit forming. :p

Not caring about fuel consumption could easily become addictive. Kick down is like a drug. :D:D

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Drove it. Not bad for 4 people, 4 suitcases, 4 daysacks, an air rifle and air cylinder. Was 50.5mpg until the last 10miles. Had to floor it past a few caravans.

3122a03b15fd43ab69b11912a6be0265.jpg

Now sat on the Ferry to Islay to go and see the outlaws. :cool:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Driving around the Cele valley above Saint Circ La Popie today followed by another swim in a river to cool down . 33 degrees today

Nick66

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E240 2000
This is titled: What have I tried to do to my merc today and failed miserably and repeatadly.

Tried to do oil change only to find the nut rounded,fail.
Tried to change air con condenser.Fail.Found out that the new condenser has slightly different fitting at the bottom ,ie it lacks the bolted aluminium bracket where two bottom pipes are,also the nuts on the bottom pipe are different size than what I found on the pictorial guide here https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1346822-photo-diy-c-condensor-replacement.html.While looking around noticed that the dryer is very rusty at the bottom.I had the big leak on that side from the headlight washer 18 months ago and managed to fix it,Checked my parts stash and found an unused dryer,and althugh same part number as per https://mercedes.7zap.com/en/eu/fg/...0/0/83/0/195/0/0/?param=vin:wdb2100622b179291 ( part no A 210 830 03 83 ) it seems to me that the top is very slightly different.I am not sure how to change the dryer,but I will remove front bumper and headlight and try over the weekend.
To conclude , I have not done anything to my merc today , but i tried and failed a lot.
P.S . just remembered that I managed to change air filter,so yey, not all fails LOL...

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
This is titled: What have I tried to do to my merc today and failed miserably and repeatadly.

Tried to change air con condenser.Fail.Found out that the new condenser has slightly different fitting at the bottom ,ie it lacks the bolted aluminium bracket where two bottom pipes are,also the nuts on the bottom pipe are different size than what I found on the pictorial guide here https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1346822-photo-diy-c-condensor-replacement.html.While looking around noticed that the dryer is very rusty at the bottom.I had the big leak on that side from the headlight washer 18 months ago and managed to fix it,Checked my parts stash and found an unused dryer,and althugh same part number as per https://mercedes.7zap.com/en/eu/fg/...0/0/83/0/195/0/0/?param=vin:wdb2100622b179291 ( part no A 210 830 03 83 ) it seems to me that the top is very slightly different.I am not sure how to change the dryer,but I will remove front bumper and headlight and try over the weekend.
To conclude , I have not done anything to my merc today , but i tried and failed a lot.
P.S . just remembered that I managed to change air filter,so yey, not all fails LOL...
Some days are like that...

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Driving around the Cele valley above Saint Circ La Popie today followed by another swim in a river to cool down . 33 degrees today
Got any pics? Of the drive, of course, not you swimming :shock:

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.

A Pela pump is the solution to your oil change. :rolleyes::geek::D:D:cool:

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I prefer to drain oil,even if I pump it out knowing that I have rounded nut would drive me nuts....
is it a 13mm drain plug nut like most merc's ? I have a set of gear wrenches , they grip harder the more you try OR borrow a set or Irwins , not found any nut no matter how mullered that they could nut undo and obvs have a new drain plug ready to replace the fugged one

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
170 to work this morning and hoping the weather holds till at least 5pm so I can top down to ull to pick up my lovely lady :)

I have this vision you race up, hand brake turn, jump out, scoop her up and dump her in the car with the passenger door closed; like putting stuff in a skip. It is Friday!! :rolleyes::geek::D:cool:

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
:D:D:D:D with me it would be more like , race up , handbrake turn , it not bite enough , plough straight on through the neighbours wall , demolish their BBq which they just happened to be using at the time . . . . . . .

Top Bottom