clk convertible roof seal

paulaandp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a209
I have a very small leak on the drivers die of the roof made worse when driving. Looking at the seal there is a rubber pipe inside the seal which runs from one side of the roof to the other a the top of the windscreen. This pipe/tube looks like it is comressed and not forming a full seal. It is easy to pull out so dies anyone know where you can buy replacements?

Many thanks

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I have a very small leak on the drivers die of the roof made worse when driving. Looking at the seal there is a rubber pipe inside the seal which runs from one side of the roof to the other a the top of the windscreen. This pipe/tube looks like it is comressed and not forming a full seal. It is easy to pull out so dies anyone know where you can buy replacements?

Many thanks
Have you tried putting some lube on the seal first , either gummipfledge or silicone grease . See if that sorts it

OP
P

paulaandp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a209
Hi Wighty. I've tried gummipfledge but not silicone grease. I will get some this weekend. Thank you for the reply :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi Wighty. I've tried gummipfledge but not silicone grease. I will get some this weekend. Thank you for the reply :)
Try and do it on a hot day , so you can leave the roof folded down and give the seal time to "plump up" in the heat .

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom