Now its Brake and Tyre Dust Causing Pollution Even Electic Cars

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
We're all doomed. Might be worth buying a horse - or do they f@rt too much?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
OP
ioweddie

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
What about all the claims when people fall over all the trailing electric cables lol

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Talk about clutching at straws, I wish those loonies had seen the Skandi Texel leave our Harbour this morning. Thick thick black smoke that didn't go up into the stratosphere, it sank to ground level, or Sea level in this case !!. And they are worried about brakes and tyres :shock:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Talk about clutching at straws, I wish those loonies had seen the Skandi Texel leave our Harbour this morning. Thick thick black smoke that didn't go up into the stratosphere, it sank to ground level, or Sea level in this case !!. And they are worried about brakes and tyres :shock:
Drax power station is built upon one of the largest coal reserves in Europe - miles to site pretty much nil
But Coal is bad :(
So convert to Biomass because that's good :)
Where can we get enough wood pellets from?
I know we'll ship them from Baton Rouge in Louisiana... (on MFO burning cargo ships)
Then send them from Liverpool to Drax on Diesel trains
The road to hell is paved with the moronic ideas of those who think they know what they're doing and think it's right for the planet :rolleyes:

I'm going out now and going to convert some dead dinosaurs to fun just for S&G :D

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Drax power station is built upon one of the largest coal reserves in Europe - miles to site pretty much nil
I know we'll ship them from Baton Rouge in Louisiana... (on MFO burning cargo ships)
The road to hell is paved with the moronic ideas of those who think they know what they're doing and think it's right for the planet :rolleyes:

I'm going out now and going to convert some dead dinosaurs to fun just for S&G :D
Is that after you've been to M and C Blobcat?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is that after you've been to M and C Blobcat?
Unfortunately not :( I had to cancel last nights and Monday's as my plans have changed and I'm not where I was expecting to be. Still variety is the spice of life and all that :rolleyes::D

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
From the Government department for stating the blindingly obvious.....
"So while legislation has driven down emissions of particles from exhausts, the non-exhaust proportion of road traffic emissions has increased"
"They say the percentage of pollutants will get proportionally higher as vehicle exhausts are cleaned up more"

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
EVs will produce less than ICE cars as braking can be done regeneratively so pretty much only tyres there. Of course if we went to biodegradable materials for tyres it's a non issue. Maybe something like this:
Cedar-Wood-Wagon-Wheels-Flame-Burnt-Antique.jpg_350x350.jpg

Or for those who want something wider:
Ruiming-empty-wooden-cable-reel-from-china.jpg_350x350.jpg

;)

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
But you want to keep cutting down the valuable jungles for a replacement for tyres.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
And yet on a hot Summers evening when everyone has windows open and enjoying the rear garden a dickhead neighbour is allowed to light a bonfire and smoke you out :mad:

Plastic situation is similar with recommendation not to wash polyester etc clothes as it puts plastic microfibres into the sea thus food chain .

And even bottled water containing more bacteria ( because it's not chlorine treated ) and plastic bits than tap water !

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
From the Government department for stating the blindingly obvious.....
"So while legislation has driven down emissions of particles from exhausts, the non-exhaust proportion of road traffic emissions has increased"
"They say the percentage of pollutants will get proportionally higher as vehicle exhausts are cleaned up more"

The goverment will remove speed humps, poor road surfaces and unecessary delays to reduce Brake and tyre wear.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.

Good old Selby Coalfield, happy memories ;)

Scrubbers could be used to clean the emissions, but that adds a few pence per tonne :(:rolleyes::geek: and cheap brown coal is so much filthier and plentiful from the antipodes, hence closing Selby.

In Londinium when Red Ken put through Pt11 in the regs to use biomass in new builds inside the now LEZ to reduce emissions. Then someone pointed out the emissions to transport the biomass chips into Londinium, build sufficient on site storage to enable the boilers to keep working 24/7, then the acidic fallout from burning biomass, the storage of ash and subsequent transport by lorries out of Londinium and biomass wasn't continued as the only fuel allowed. :rolleyes::shock::D:cool:

Cap volcanoes (apparently 1500 likely to erupt on the planet with 35 active at any one time, but that doesn't make headlines), tax avgas and build nuclear generation. Or in other words, grow a pair :D:shock::geek::cool:

Only just over 2 weeks till we burn lots of MFO as we cruise 4445miles around these islands and off to Iceland (not the frozen food shop) :cool::cool: I'll ask the skipper how much pollution we make per person over a glass of white or three at a cocktail party :cool:

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom