Short number plates and private plate.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Just been experimenting,
i like the short plate look, with possibly a new private plate, and before someone asks, it's totally legal. :rolleyes::)
What ya think?
20190901_134808.jpg

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
£80

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
I did this on my Audi tt.
Short plates and didnt like it when i had done it.
Looks weird.
Bought an irish plate to be able to do it and didnt like it.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I've seen a lot of cars with them, always looks slightly odd.

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It’s fine...:rolleyes:
Nope, there legal (honest) :rolleyes:
not that one on the car, that's a mock up, to see what it looks like, that size plate (13") as long as you don't have more than 5 digits and of course the maker's name and BS mark. :)

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Is it legal?
When I inquired a couple of years ago I was told that there is a minimum legal size for all UK plates, regardless of the number of characters on them.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Nope, there legal (honest) :rolleyes:
not that one on the car, that's a mock up, to see what it looks like, that size plate (13") as long as you don't have more than 5 digits and of course the maker's name and BS mark. :)
How’s your luck Tony...:rolleyes:

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Iv seen these about before they do look kinda strange only because we're not use to them. Every car looks better without a plate

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Iv seen these about before they do look kinda strange only because we're not use to them. Every car looks better without a plate
This is what absolutely grinds my gears, when listening to the blow heads in Westminster talking about banning all mobile phone usage in cars. It will make less than no difference because there’s no police to police the laws we have already.

How many cars do you see with no front number plate, completely illegal front window tinting, dark tinted number plates and talking on a handheld phone? There’s loads out there and apart from Tony getting unlucky with his 4th dimension plates I just see more and more offenders and no Police pulling them over and stopping them. No point in making new laws just apply the ones we have and it will soon get around an the illegal practices should reduce.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Is it legal?
When I inquired a couple of years ago I was told that there is a minimum legal size for all UK plates, regardless of the number of characters on them.

There is no legal size for plates, only sizing & spacing of the letters etc

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
That's interesting.
Wish I'd known that before I got my pressed ali plates made up.
But it's come in time for my little two seater, which does not have much space at the front.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
This is what absolutely grinds my gears, when listening to the blow heads in Westminster talking about banning all mobile phone usage in cars. It will make less than no difference because there’s no police to police the laws we have already.

How many cars do you see with no front number plate, completely illegal front window tinting, dark tinted number plates and talking on a handheld phone? There’s loads out there and apart from Tony getting unlucky with his 4th dimension plates I just see more and more offenders and no Police pulling them over and stopping them. No point in making new laws just apply the ones we have and it will soon get around an the illegal practices should reduce.
Policing is pathetic. I mean they do a good job. I seen the wrong side of a cell a few times when I was younger. I just think people get away with alsorts. Watching that police camara thing on TV boils my ****. You have 5 cop cars and a helicopter to find a man that has a bald tyre and unpaid tax and in the end they give I him £120 fine in court. ****** stupid. I watched it the other day and this guy got pulled over and the police could smell the old morrocan woodvine on him. In the end 3 cars came arrested him got his care taken away which would of cost some serious dollars and in the end he got no further action. (rant over)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Policing is pathetic. I mean they do a good job. I seen the wrong side of a cell a few times when I was younger. I just think people get away with alsorts. Watching that police camara thing on TV boils my ****. You have 5 cop cars and a helicopter to find a man that has a bald tyre and unpaid tax and in the end they give I him £120 fine in court. ****** stupid. I watched it the other day and this guy got pulled over and the police could smell the old morrocan woodvine on him. In the end 3 cars came arrested him got his care taken away which would of cost some serious dollars and in the end he got no further action. (rant over)
Agreed it’s not the Police, it’s the lack of them that’s the problem and how little the penalties are. It also grinds the gears of the Po Po

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
There is no legal size for plates, only sizing & spacing of the letters etc

And the space from the first and last letter to the edge of the plate. Personally I think short plates look extremely naff ! :rolleyes:

The_Don

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few v8 Amg
Looks good, your finger nail requires a trim.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom