Eco 0n CLA 250 Start-Stop rarely works

springbk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 250 AMG Line 4MATIC Shooting Brake 2015
I have a 2015 250 CLA AMG Line and I have noticed that my Eco Stop Start rarely works. Now I know I do not drive very far every day but when I first got the car it worked on 90% of my journeys even my short ones. Now even after a 100 mile journey it does not always work. Wondering if the battery needs replacing or is there something else I should look at and If I do change that battery do I do both? I have also noticed that if I stop and then restart the car a few times from time to time this will bring it back on.

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Excellent news , leave it as it is .

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Using the diag tools, we can identify what is preventing the car from entering stop start mode. Its most commonly the battery, but there are 20+ parameters that must be met.

OP
S

springbk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Using the diag tools, we can identify what is preventing the car from entering stop start mode. Its most commonly the battery, but there are 20+ parameters that must be met.
Thanks for this information, You are a little out of my way, Tonbridge vs Milton Keynes. Probably start with replacing the battery and then I think I will go see my local non MB garage....

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Thanks for this information, You are a little out of my way, Tonbridge vs Milton Keynes. Probably start with replacing the battery and then I think I will go see my local non MB garage....

Yeah, that is a fair trek! There are a few indies close by to you I believe.

They will need MB Xentry diagonistics to check the cause.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
You are right the battery needs to be healthy 12.6 volts (engine off) for the Stop/Start to function. I hate the system but it does act as a good battery indicator. I changed my original AGM battery early this year and the Stop/Start operates within a distance of 1 mile in this warm weather where prior to this it wasn’t operating at all

OP
S

springbk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yeah, that is a fair trek! There are a few indies close by to you I believe.

They will need MB Xentry diagonistics to check the cause.
Thanks. Yes there is one that I like to use, namely Autoclass. Just out of interest, what does the AUX Battery do? Does this affect the use of of Auto Stop/Start?

CowleyStJames

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz E63s, Old knackered G wagon
I've just replaced my AGM stop/start battery last week in my E Class.
Don't bother trying to charge it, they're so small that you'd be wasting your time.
I tried charging mine a couple of times on the AGM setting on my Ctek charger, but the next day I had Auxiliary Battery Malfunction come back up.
Buy a new one, 15 minutes to change and mine was a Yuasa
OEM copy for £36.
Even the original captive bolts just screwed straight in

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks. Yes there is one that I like to use, namely Autoclass. Just out of interest, what does the AUX Battery do? Does this affect the use of of Auto Stop/Start?
The aux battery does the stop/start

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom