What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Moocow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI - Sport 125 - 2011
Screen protector for my Comand unit and a nice new set of Bosch Aero wipers. I am not sure how old the one's that came with it are but they had the Mercedes logo on them and the car hasn't been to Mercedes in 5+ years from the history I have. They made a lot of noise and moved very little in the way of water LOL

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Gave up trying to update my Becker Map Pilot unit! When I got the SLK it was advertised with Sat Nav but was only pre-wired for one but the dealer admitted the error and chucked one in. I had 45 days to do the free update so thought I'd better get on the case. Plugged in to my Surface Pro and after some argy bargy it came up with the registration options - Canada or US. I've got a compass anyway...

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Replaced both back coil springs following this video.
I tried to fit my external spring compressors before starting, but couldn't get them to fit as the suspension was in the way. I took it easy and the spring lost its tension as I lowered the jack with no drama. My only problem was the arm did not drop far enough to remove the spring. I just cracked the inner bolt and the arm came free. I had to do this on both sides.
First side took about 3.5 hours including f@nnying around with my spring compressors. Second side about 1.5 hours.
Although I only did it as they were rusty, and boy were they rusty, thick scale all over, when I did a test drive the ride seemed better, on high speed bumps I used to get a squeal as the car went up & down, that seems to have gone. (Placebo???). Now on new springs all round. Happy Bunny.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Got confirmation that the new one will be delivered 2 weeks from today. :)

Documents sorted out for number plate (tick)
Insurance swapped over (tick)
Transport sorted (done by dealer) (tick)
Detailer notified and booked (tick)

Just a bit of waiting to do now but, after 10 weeks without a Mercedes, it'll hopefully be worth it...

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Got confirmation that the new one will be delivered 2 weeks from today. :)

Documents sorted out for number plate (tick)
Insurance swapped over (tick)
Transport sorted (done by dealer) (tick)
Detailer notified and booked (tick)

Just a bit of waiting to do now but, after 10 weeks without a Mercedes, it'll hopefully be worth it...

Great news Dave. Can't wait to see photos of this beauty.
Your wait it going to seem a lifetime compared to me:D

PM me about the insurance would you. I'm interested how that panned out;)

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Set out on a dual minor service for the Golf and the C class. Golf up on the ramp as the oil filter is a pain as it sits above the front cross member and at 45 degrees and as soon as it's loose the oil runs out. Anyway been doing it for a long time sump drained and air filter changed whilst the oil was being sucked out of the Merc with the Sealey suction pump and the oil filter changed. Cat arrives with a mouse and does it usual job of eating it and leaving only the smelly bits.
All good about an hour gone, Golf off the ramps ready to go only the air filter on the Merc, six screws and all is revealed, a small forest of leaves packed in all around the air filter, ****** mice have been in the air intake during the winter there was a pile of leaves on top of the filter and ECU never thought of inside. Took a good hour with the vacuum, brushes and picks to get rid of them all and clean the housing. Then I thought to have a look inside the tube that runs along the front to the filter as that's where it came from. More fun the felt spiral that forms the tube started to unravel and a clip broke on the filter housing. Another hour and a half later managed to glue it all back together and call it a day.
Now where's the cat!!!

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
just a commute for the 170 today , down to where I repair my cars and the to work a few minutes ago , heated seat button will be pressed as soon as I get in to go home in the morning , 5c here tonight

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Another thing I forgot to say was I used Meyle filters (€22 for air and oil) and looking at them they seem to be very well manufactured. Got 6 litres of Mobil 3000 for €35.

Moocow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI - Sport 125 - 2011
Nice new set of mats all round including a boot liner. Couldn't bring myself to shell out for the genuine AMG ones that the car originally came with so got some luxury grade ones from Carmats4U. Nice fit and will do the job, I treat car mats as disposable personally after a few years as they never look great once they start to wear on the heel areas.

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Fitted new Brake Pads today to the SLK - and by the looks of it just dodged the bullet as far as the Wear Sensor is concerned! Phew!! :D
Surprised at how they had worn the same though....?? o_O0-

2vqDSdV.jpg

Last edited:

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
had yet another let down on the sale of the 221 :( , he came , he liked a lot and then insulted me with his offer . . . . . . . . still enjoyed getting him clean for the viewing :)

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Very......purple

Yes, that's weird!!

I've just uploaded the photo again to the Image Site and I think it looks better now. But still a red tinge - maybe it's the Iron in them.... They are not purple at all in real life....????

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Yes, that's weird!!

I've just uploaded the photo again to the Image Site and I think it looks better now. But still a red tinge - maybe it's the Iron in them.... They are not purple at all in real life....????
Pity, I like purkle

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Useful height wheelie bins :D

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom