An Easy Ceramic Coat for the DIY'er ? CG Hyper Slick

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Just looked on the Detailing World website and none of those guys seem to know anything about it nor had anybody tried it. A couple of guys had watched the video on YouTube and couldn't see any difference after the application. :confused::confused:

The general opinion was however that they thought it was too dear. Another wondered why it was in such a large bottle when a 250ml would notionally be sufficient. :rolleyes:

I think I would rather leave you to pioneer it and listen to your comments afterwards :)

OP
Wighty

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Plenty "Snake Oil" out there!
Yes I'm sure , but I have used/use a lot of Chemical Guys stuff (as well as most other big names ) and have always found the products pretty much fits the description .

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Yes I'm sure , but I have used/use a lot of Chemical Guys stuff (as well as most other big names ) and have always found the products pretty much fits the description .

I'm not referring to the recognised brands which are presumably safe and effective.

However there are dozens of "ceramic" etc products etc from manufacturers I've never heard of.

Do you recall the melamine in baby formula issue several years ago, human hair for baking bread - apparently they were getting hair from morgues.....etc. I can only imagine what goes into car care products if there are people who care so little about what they put into food.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Her indoors wants her 172 (Black) ceramic coated , and I’ve been putting it off.
This does seem quite an easy option , might look a bit further into it. ( Cheers Wighty)

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Wighty i for one will try this . Every summer when it rains,, i get a few white spots about 4 left after the sun on my boot but in no other place on my car .The reason may be the paint is going thin i dont know . But i will get a bottle for next year . The car is ready now for its cover up so i wont be able to say how,, or if it works this side of March 2020 .

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
At a glance. I think its an over hyped product. I'm sure it will deliver a shiny result that will be short lived.

Sadly for years, its been too easy for brands to knock out some products that are hyped with certain catchy words and perhaps the odd minute amount of product content to make an advert, solely designed for revenue rather than performance.

Looking at the content of that one, its not one for me personally.

(After many products, I've have just returned to using Bilt Hambers double speed wax which, on my cars that do the best part of 1,000 miles a week, snow or shine, the Bilt Hamber wax is simply a top performer!). I rate the products on how well they perform and protect on the sections of the cars that get battered the most, such as lower sill sections, front end etc. Almost most expensive stuff i have tried has failed quickly on these areas. So for me its Bilt Hamber Wax and as far as Ceramics go, I'll stick with the G-techniq range.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
At a glance. I think its an over hyped product. I'm sure it will deliver a shiny result that will be short lived.

Sadly for years, its been too easy for brands to knock out some products that are hyped with certain catchy words and perhaps the odd minute amount of product content to make an advert, solely designed for revenue rather than performance.

Looking at the content of that one, its not one for me personally.

(After many products, I've have just returned to using Bilt Hamber double speed wax which, on my cars that do the best part of 1,000 miles a week, snow or shine, the Bilt Hamber wax is simply a top performer!). I rate the products on how well they perform and protect on the sections of the cars that get battered the most, such as lower sill sections, front end etc. Almost most expensive stuff i have tried has failed quickly on these areas. So for me its Bilt Hamber Wax and as far as Ceramics go, I'll stick with the G-techniq range.

That is the one I use and come to the same conclusion as you. :)

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Being in the market I do watch the rash of new products that come out with all the buzzwords, and am very much of the opinion that this is a lightly ceramic-infused detailing product with more catchphrases than an old Saturday night TV show.

For 'true ceramic' protection you need a concentrated carefully applied ceramic product which comes in a tiny bottle and costs you well north of £50. Everything else is a compromise.

If you want to genuinely ceramic coat your own car then I humbly recommend our own product which is NOT made in the Far East, IS designed for home use without a dehumidified, germ free infra-red lit laboratory by men in white coats and fat fees. There is sufficient product to coat 2 cars, its a one coat product with 9H hardness and is well proven in the UK climate.

Its here: https://morethanpolish.com/product/race-glaze-9h-ceramic-coating-kit/

Its straightforward, easy provided care is taken, and very good.

OP
Wighty

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Being in the market I do watch the rash of new products that come out with all the buzzwords, and am very much of the opinion that this is a lightly ceramic-infused detailing product with more catchphrases than an old Saturday night TV show.

For 'true ceramic' protection you need a concentrated carefully applied ceramic product which comes in a tiny bottle and costs you well north of £50. Everything else is a compromise.

If you want to genuinely ceramic coat your own car then I humbly recommend our own product which is NOT made in the Far East, IS designed for home use without a dehumidified, germ free infra-red lit laboratory by men in white coats and fat fees. There is sufficient product to coat 2 cars, its a one coat product with 9H hardness and is well proven in the UK climate.

Its here: https://morethanpolish.com/product/race-glaze-9h-ceramic-coating-kit/

Its straightforward, easy provided care is taken, and very good.
That does sound very interesting thanks

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
b01b70c306843820f688a89cc202315d.jpg

Just picked up from post office!!
Looking forward to giving this a go, especially on “Her indoors” Black 172.
I don’t think I’ll see a great difference on mine as it’s Grey (Hopefully enough to do both cars)
I’ll report back , (if it ever stops raining)
Probably need best part of a day to fully wash & clay etc .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Wighty

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
b01b70c306843820f688a89cc202315d.jpg

I don’t think I’ll see a great difference on mine as it’s Grey (Hopefully enough to do both cars)

Now that's what I'm talking about , someone with the "cojones" to act swiftly . Well played Sir! Looking forward to the after pics with full report:D

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Watch this space Wighty :D
Love trying New stuff, just wish I had somewhere undercover to crack on with it !! :(

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

I'm interested to see how you go - I've been using this and really like it - loads of good reviews on YT. I prefer it to the Carlack Longlife only because it is a trigger pack and more convenient to use.. IMG_0489.JPG

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I'm interested to see how you go - I've been using this and really like it - loads of good reviews on YT. I prefer it to the Carlack Longlife only because it is a trigger pack and more convenient to use.. View attachment 53111

Sadly too many people have been overlooking these long term established brand believing that expensive is better. Its a shame that it takes YT exposure etc before the heard start migrating lol.

Turtlewax has upped its game in recent years and for the price some their wet wax, spray sealants are good. I also like their tyre gel over meguiars....

Always best to keep an open mind and never rule anything out.

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Me too - but it gets expensive. These are about 18 months ago - have expanded my collection since those pictures were taken. View attachment 53112 View attachment 53113
Do you ever get time to drive it?
Admire your perseverance and patience, I thought giving mine a wash with some Holts wash and a dry off with a chamois leather was going some.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom