An Easy Ceramic Coat for the DIY'er ? CG Hyper Slick

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Do you ever get time to drive it?
Admire your perseverance and patience, I thought giving mine a wash with some Holts wash and a dry off with a chamois leather was going some.

Don't let all the product fool you:). I wash my car about once a month. I just like trying all the new goodies that come out. However, I don't drive the car every day and it lives in a garage (heaping more shame on me for all the product I have:oops:).

Last edited:

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
We have a garage attached to the house so my wife considers it "part of the house".......she is Dutch and they are tidy freaks.....

She has a point, I’d love a garage I could actually use for it’s correct purpose.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
always was a turtle wax user and always will be for most car products:)

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Over the last several years, once you refuse to be taken in by hype and the youtube plugged stuff, your collection will diminish and you will not find yourself rushing for a new this that and other product.

You will know what does a great job delivering the results you need and usually you may well have a couple items of each in the line up to help versatility mixing brands and price ranges. Just buy what works, not what the manufacturers tell you will work!

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Whilst I'm also in agreement that expensive doesnt always mean better, TW is hardly a top end/high price brand, and to compare it with Meguiars, which is also resolutely middle market is interesting.
In my experience, more expensive product, if from a trustworthy brand is usually a better product.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Over the last several years, once you refuse to be taken in by hype and the youtube plugged stuff, your collection will diminish and you will not find yourself rushing for a new this that and other product.

You will know what does a great job delivering the results you need and usually you may well have a couple items of each in the line up to help versatility mixing brands and price ranges. Just buy what works, not what the manufacturers tell you will work!

I just like trying the new stuff. I still think one of the best I've tried is "Duragloss Aquawax (I have about 2/3 of a bottle left but went through several when I lived in OZ (before the market became flooded with so many new products).

Reactions: DSK

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
While watching one of the “Chemical Guys” YouTube videos, the guy was using a Blower for drying.
It’s a great idea, as the drying process can cause scratches.
Has anyone got/ use one ? I do occasionally use one of “Her indoors “ old hair dryers for giving my wheels a blast to get the water out of the nut recess.

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Think I gave £30 in Homebase, but right now they will be full price.

Take a look at the water filter, uses no electricity, works in the rain etc

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I think from memory the Chemical Guys one is about £70, which seems quite expensive.

There are two types - a smallish unit (~£65-00) that you dispose of when the resin stops working and one like the race-glaze unit that is refillable. Cost per rinse on the RG unit is much lower.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
4a52e2f456a5162c87664262f7b80ed2.jpg

Applied the product today in between showers !!.

Washed , Clayed and washed again.

Did one panel at a time left on for 2/3 minutes, a thin coat applied ( thought best as can always be topped up later)

Easy to apply and fairly easy to remove, as long as you don’t leave it on to long.
On one panel I went and made a cuppa, and left on longer, that proved harder to remove.

Very pleased with the results a Great shine indeed.

It’s says it needs 24 hours to fully cure , so Hopefully the showers have now passed.

I’ll report back on beading and longevity of beading and protection at a later date.

To sum up I would definitely recommend, a little goes a long way.
I’ll be doing my E coupe next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom