Swirl Marks and Scratches

Ali Ayman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
White 2018 C200 Coupe AMG Line Premium
Hey guys,

I hope you're all well. I own a white 68 reg c200 coupe. After taking it to the local car wash yesterday, I have noticed deep swirl marks on both the right and left windows and I am extremely gutted. Also, I've just noticed a little scratch on the wood in the passenger seat next to the inside door handle.

I was wondering what would be the best solution to both of them, would polishing work? Can you recommend any places or products? And how long/costly can it be?

Thank you very much in advance, this means a lot to me you have no idea how it feels. I can post pictures tomorrow.

Ali

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
On the actual glass ?

The problem may be in this....'after taking it to the local car wash'

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
No way will a car wash damage windows . Got an old bone shaker of a ford out side i use for dirty work on my shoot it gets washed down 2 x a week no marks from the car wash on body or windows.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
No way will a car wash damage windows . Got an old bone shaker of a ford out side i use for dirty work on my shoot it gets washed down 2 x a week no marks from the car wash on body or windows.
I think he means hand car wash with grit filled sponge has been the cause ? :D (No extra charge for the grit either :rolleyes:)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Fine wire wool in the hands of an expert should fix it.
I’d take it to your local detailer and look to have a polish, likelihood the bodywork will be swirled too.
And as above- don’t use your local car wash if you want your paintwork, windows etc to stay in good condition.

OP
Ali Ayman

Ali Ayman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fine wire wool in the hands of an expert should fix it.
I’d take it to your local detailer and look to have a polish, likelihood the bodywork will be swirled too.
And as above- don’t use your local car wash if you want your paintwork, windows etc to stay in good condition.
Cheers mate

OP
Ali Ayman

Ali Ayman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think he means hand car wash with grit filled sponge has been the cause ? :D (No extra charge for the grit either :rolleyes:)
How else will it get swirl marks? They werent there before it was washed

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Try Jewellers Rouge, may take some time but it will work :) Depends how deep the scratches are of course :rolleyes:

OP
Ali Ayman

Ali Ayman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Try Jewellers Rouge, may take some time but it will work :) Depends how deep the scratches are of course :rolleyes:
Thank you mate

OP
Ali Ayman

Ali Ayman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is the interior scratch (gotta blame the wife lol), can't get any of the swirl marks cause they're that fine

Attachments

• IMAG1896.jpg
    IMAG1896.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 43

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Cleaning a car often reveals fine details and imperfections. They may have been caused elsewhere but only revealed by your local car wash. You also aren't likely to spot such problems until you get good light for scrutiny. I noticed some marks on my wife's car today. It was parked at Gatwick for a week recently, but the weather has been bad since her return. Today a wash and some bright sunshine revealed the marks.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Toughened glass is softer than normal glass so there is one consolation when it comes to scratch removal.
With a polishing machine you can remove deep scratches quickly, but catch the glass in the light afterwards and you will see a ripple or crater caused by the removal of glass around the scratch.

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I once found very fine pads for taking marks out of head lights that came with a polish pad for a drill then very fine pads , I did mine over and over it helped a bit but not completely,

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
The scratch on the "brushed aluminium" finished door trim is terminal I'm afraid. If you could rub it down to the base metal and re-varnish, you would have to do the whole panel and the chances of keeping the exact silver shade are not high.

If it bugs you, try ebay or a scrapyard for a replacement. alternatively, a OEM-looking sticker over the scratch...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom