Wife...

markdenning

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58reg.eclass 280 cdi sport
For reasons i wont bore u all with..Mrs.Denning (wifey)had my car all dayupon return home from work with her car(audi a3).i asked if she liked my car..the reply wasnt as id hoped for..no..wheres the handbrake(i showed her twice the night before where things were)..wat do u mean i sed,i cudnt get the handbrake off so i just drove off..she had my car all dayneedless to say shes now banned from my car..just hope shes done no lasting damage!!!****** women

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
For reasons i wont bore u all with..Mrs.Denning (wifey)had my car all dayupon return home from work with her car(audi a3).i asked if she liked my car..the reply wasnt as id hoped for..no..wheres the handbrake(i showed her twice the night before where things were)..wat do u mean i sed,i cudnt get the handbrake off so i just drove off..she had my car all dayneedless to say shes now banned from my car..just hope shes done no lasting damage!!!****** women

What is it with women? They just don’t seem to want to listen or learn. Then they’re the first to whine about the cost of the repair :(:rolleyes:

Last edited:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Years ago Emily borrowed her Mum's automatic Astra and is the tradition just used PARK when she parked it. Her boyfriend at the time, decided, unbeknown to her, that he would apply the handbrake for her. She set off home with handbrake applied .... she obvious either didn't see or ignored the red light staring at her .... and on;y stopped when she smelled burning brake linings!
Fortunately no lasting damage :D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
oooh dear I feel your pain. Was any/much damage done? I hope the commute wasn't too far!

As for women in general they are a bit of liability when it comes to car know how. However, on this point, my wife has never driven any of my cars! Yet when my mums VW Vento experienced a weird oil loss issue (never used to show an oil reading on the dipstick, sounded a bit rough but kept running..) I told her to use any of my cars. She drives them all, taking a different one every day yet she knows what all the symbols on the dash mean, she knows how to check oil, coolant and fuses even though they never need doing. On one occasion the S70R, despite not needing anything suddenly used a touch of coolant. My mum mentioned it to me and kept an eye on it herself, advising me daily if there were any wet spots tracing the pipe work... When I got there on the weekend I changed the turbo coolant pipe but it was nice to know mums on it and she can nurse it if needed without any stress.

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
This is why I have always chosen intelligent girlfriends. One’s with a minimum of a college diploma. Then you know that they will not be the ‘dumb blonde’ type. Years ago and my son’s mother Was that type. Never ever again. She was so much hard work.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Had exactly the same as the OP in our old 203. Step daughter borrowed it to go the the shops followed by MrsLK borrowing it to go into town. Both then complained it kept beeping as they were driving and it "smelt funny". Two days later as I was driving home from work the left rear wheel suddenly locked solid right in the middle of a small village. Cue loud screeching noise and huge cloud of tyre smoke and people gawping and pointing. Called AA (was in no mood to do it myself with minimal tools) and as I'd suspected the parking brake friction material had unbounded itself from the metal shoe, no doubt as a result of excess heat. AA man removed rear shoes and I drove it home. Needless to say MrsLK and stepdaughter both received a stern talking to about using the phone to call if the car did something odd or smelt they funny whilst they were driving it.

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
The day we picked up our daughters first car (Clio) we were driving home and I kept telling her to slow down as she was speeding , she kept saying she wasn`t and I continued to argue that she was.

She eventually said "look I am only doing 30" , at that point I looked over and explained that she was looking at the rev counter and she was sitting at around 45mph , on the other dial :rolleyes:

And she wonders why I wont let her on the insurance for the BM.

K

OP
markdenning

markdenning

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58reg.eclass 280 cdi sport
Fortunately she didnt go far.my point is that if i drive her car i look after it and try to keep it clean(i work in a quarry).y do woman have this opinion that its just a car??shes the first one to moan if it goes wrong...

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
"Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus" If you want to really understand why women don't clean, understand or maintain household cars and why Men need their caves, build and own their BBQ's, read the book, for me, in the early '90's it was like waking up from a bad dream, it was an epiphany, suddenly, I understood... :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
.......................Needless to say MrsLK and stepdaughter both received a stern talking to about using the phone to call if the car did something odd or smelt they funny whilst they were driving it.

That is the bit I don't get. They keep driving even though they feel/know something is wrong.

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
What is it with women? They just don’t seem to want to listen or learn. Then they’re the first to whine about the cost of the repair :(:rolleyes:

Got my Mrs to phone three garages for a quote to swap out 2 track rod ends on her Clio 3

Lowest quote was more than double (+VAT) the £35 it'll cost for 2 decent TR ends with 2 yr guarantee + 2 new Toyo tyres and £10 to check I've got the tracking right.

If anyone has any tips on removing bumper dents with a hot air gun I'm all ears....

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
When my wife heard a funny noise she couldn't explain she turned the volume up on the radio...until someone came alongside and pointed to her flat tyre!

Top Bottom