Any F1 fans

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
I hate to say it and especially here on a Mercedes forum but here goes... I am not Hamilton's number one fan.

I will never forget when he was a young driver at McLaren and that abuse he hurled at first his engineer and then Ron Dennis when he was told to allow Alonso by during qualifying. Alonso was on a different strategy to Hamilton, this new rookie driver was instructed by his engineer to let Alonso by and yet Hamilton told his engineer to 'Go forth and sexually multiply'. then Ron Dennis ORDERED Hamilton to allow Alonso by and he got the same abuse. YES Hamilton has a huge bundle of talent and YES when he wins, he always says how it is a team sport and we 'win and lose together' but how many times do we hear him complaining when losing and always trying to blame someone else? Last season and again this season how many times have we heard the pit-wall instructing Bottas to either slow down or allow Hamilton by? The World's best driver should not need this and he always states how he does not like it, or agree with it.... yup, I saw those crocodile tears :)

I will never forget Senna allowing his team-mate to win a race, can anyone imagine Hamilton pulling over for his team mate?

Sorry but I like some of the younger drivers more than I like Hamilton.

Being on a marque specific forum does not automatically tie one to supporting the associated F1 team, wherever did you get that idea? Your views are just that, yours. No worries :geek::rolleyes::D:cool:

As you will learn, we are a broad church on here in so many areas of life and MB ownership.

I wear a range of hats, team shirts, jackets etc from down the decades of supporting Frank and Patrick since I had an interest in motorsport. Must dig out my original Rothmans rally coat for the next GP highlights on the telly. :D:D:cool:

F1 aint wot it was like attending my 1st Singapore GP as a kid in the 60s :D:cool: Or asking a certain Finn who he was shagging at Silverstone one year, on the meet the driver saturday evening event. How times have changed ;):cool:

Did once blag a helicopter ride to follow Louise Aitken-Walker on the Western Australia rally. Must dig out the video I took :D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Being on a marque specific forum does not automatically tie one to supporting the associated F1 team, wherever did you get that idea? Your views are just that, yours. No worries :geek::rolleyes::D:cool:

As you will learn, we are a broad church on here in so many areas of life and MB ownership.

I wear a range of hats, team shirts, jackets etc from down the decades of supporting Frank and Patrick since I had an interest in motorsport. Must dig out my original Rothmans rally coat for the next GP highlights on the telly. :D:D:cool:

F1 aint wot it was like attending my 1st Singapore GP as a kid in the 60s :D:cool: Or asking a certain Finn who he was shagging at Silverstone one year, on the meet the driver saturday evening event. How times have changed ;):cool:

Did once blag a helicopter ride to follow Louise Aitken-Walker on the Western Australia rally. Must dig out the video I took :D
Whatever happened to her ?

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
For any F1 team, if you have a driver who is leading the championship, you have to at some point make a decision that you are going to promote that driver over his team-mate - you want to win the championship! Tactics used to frustrate other teams are part of the "game". And I don't see anything wrong with it.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 213 E300e estate 216Cdi Sprinter (stretched limo)
For any F1 team, if you have a driver who is leading the championship, you have to at some point make a decision that you are going to promote that driver over his team-mate - you want to win the championship! Tactics used to frustrate other teams are part of the "game". And I don't see anything wrong with it.
100% agree and manners maketh man, you should thank your number two for the sacrifices they have made and once the championship is won, then take off the shackles and let each driver race. How many times has hamilton lost races once he has won that year's championship?

Don't get me wrong, the man has talent, but he needs taking behind the bicycle shed and taught some manners.

I hate to say it but as a boy I used to watch Stirling Moss, Roy Salvadori... :) When Formula one was dangerous and the drivers got paid peanuts, but the fringe benefits......... :)

I lived in Bourne when BRM was at its height of success, a barn with bats but what a bunch of mechanics.

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208
Six in a row! Mercedes champions again! Great drive from Valtteri Bottas!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yeah it was a decent race for a change - bit surprised at the Mercedes change from one stop to two for LH , the graphic with 13 laps to go suggested he had 20 laps left in those mediums , suspect he might have held on for the win.
That said I think it was the safe play to preserve the win and title clinching constructors points ...

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
Yeah it was a decent race for a change - bit surprised at the Mercedes change from one stop to two for LH , the graphic with 13 laps to go suggested he had 20 laps left in those mediums , suspect he might have held on for the win.
That said I think it was the safe play to preserve the win and title clinching constructors points ...

Hence why Lewis was a bit miffed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
Certainly was Robbie, sounded even more whingey than Le Clerc was in previous races !:D

And i loved the comment made by the Sky person who said he’s only happy when he wins. Well yeh, aren’t all F1 drivers the same?!!
By the way I worked in Formula one for 6 months ish back in 2006 when David Coulthard was with Red Bull. I was working for a communications company and we were supplying the comms gear for them plus three other teams. I was asked to go support our gear at a couple of the races. My reply was ‘try stopping me!!!’
So i also met Christian Horner and Jonathon Wheatley the team manager. Plus i nearly knocked Michael Schumacher flying as i raced out of the room we were in to deal with something and he was using the red bull garage as a walk through to the toilets.
Mr Button was also in Williams at the time and we nearly bumped into Leo Sayer at the Melbourne circuit.
So i was at Bahrain, Malaysia, Melbourne and then Monza. I was recalled after that. So it was a couple of months not 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Prediction time, will Lewis clinch the title to-day at Austin ?? :)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Would you folks kindly not mention the result until the afternoon of tomorrow in order I may watch the highlights on catch up in the morning. I refuse to give anything to Murdoch and prefer the free coverage.

Thanks muchly :cool::D

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Would you folks kindly not mention the result until the afternoon of tomorrow in order I may watch the highlights on catch up in the morning. I refuse to give anything to Murdoch and prefer the free coverage.

Was trying to do the same, but Chris Harris dropped the result on me... Damn him! :rolleyes:

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

:);):D
Or you could avoid reading the forums.........o_O

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom