Your Mercedes
2017 220 E Class Premium.
OP
G

GlasgowBhoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think the AMG line came with the twin 12" displays, the SE had normal clocks and the smaller display. SE has leather though and more comfortable 17" wheels
It's all very confusing :confused:

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Both the above are nice looking cars. At the end of the day, you have to be happy with your choice. You don't really miss things you never had until you have them, so if you like the car, go for it. I wouldn't buy a car without Distronic now, but I drove for 30 years without it and never missed it. Once you've had a car with it, it's much harder "going back" :)

My new car I basically ticked everything except the electric tow ball (Never need it), but it's going to be a tough choice when I next come to change it if I can't find the right spec - lol.

If you go for the Car Guru one, try to get a friendly dealer or indie to update the COMAND system. It has an old software version (you can tell from the icons) that is a bit unstable. The latest update will better audio, and add Apple Car Play and Android Car.

OP
G

GlasgowBhoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Okay, guys first off thanks for all your help with this search. I ended up traveling from Glasgow to Sheffield and bought this little beauty below. I dove her home today and it was an amazing experience and got around 52mpg traveling around 75mph most of the way, oh and maybe just a little bit more. ;) Now on to the manuals to find out what this state of the art dashboard does, any tips and tricks welcome. Looking forward to learning more about the car by looking around the forum.
https://www.lookers.co.uk/ford/used...loon/e220d-se-premium-4dr-9g-tronic/id/199319

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Nice. Hope you enjoy it. They really are a good car. Like I say, see if you can get the COMAND updated to the latest software, bit other than that, should be relaxed, easy motoring.

OP
G

GlasgowBhoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nice. Hope you enjoy it. They really are a good car. Like I say, see if you can get the COMAND updated to the latest software, bit other than that, should be relaxed, easy motoring.
How do i find out what the latest software version is mate. I looked in part of the system and it said map update 87% and trying to connect to the internet.

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
The map updates are "Over the Air", however I think after the first three years, you have to pay a subscription. The COMAND software is separate, and needs a dealer or indie with Star to apply the updates.

OP
G

GlasgowBhoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The map updates are "Over the Air", however I think after the first three years, you have to pay a subscription. The COMAND software is separate, and needs a dealer or indie with Star to apply the updates.
Car is still under MB warranty until January so hopefully, they will still do for me.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom