What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
We have P-Zero's on the SLK, find them a tad noisy.
Performance wise you can make any tyre loose grip if you try hard enough ;)
I've made racing Slick's loose traction :D
My Landy lights all 4 up if driven correctly :p

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
Cleaned out the drainage channels on the SL today - loads of crap collected in there.

CrustyClam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
Lost a large rubber bung/grommet in the bodywork.

After still getting some water ingress in the rear of my car for a leak I thought was fixed, I decided to take out this bung/grommet. I didn't even know about this grommet until I saw a post from on an ML Facebook group.

Just had to remove a few torx screws from the plastic trim. Grommet popped out nice and easy, cleaned it up. The grove on the grommet was full of gunk, so I believe this indicated water must have been passing through. Put some good quality sealant on, popped it back on, but one side fully passed through the hole. Whilst attempting to retrieve it the whole grommet dropped in.

Then it started to rain, great.

Had to run in and make a quick Perspex shield with the dremel and silicone that on. Hopefully the leak is sorted. New grommet on order.

IMG_1503.JPG IMG_1504.JPG IMG_1506.JPG

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
Did you do the one in the air box? It's a bit of a faff to do.

A while back - one of the first jobs. Removed the rubber bung completely and the air box has been clear ever since (will check again tomorrow now!).

CrustyClam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
deleted, replied to wrong post

Attachments

• IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    398.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1499.JPG
    IMG_1499.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 16

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
Fitted the new wiper blades that I bought ages ago. Michelin Stealth - just be aware that you need to remove (cut off) the ends of the connector to let the holder fit properly.

Also checked the air box drain as above and all good. Emptied half a litre into it and it all came straight out at the bottom under the car so mod still working well....

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
Washed it - quickly before the rain started again!

New wipers doing a grand job today - make such a difference!

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Not done, but might do, The go to tuners on here are probably GAD and MSL but they are so far from me, so Checked out a possible
re-mapper in Warrington, 30 mins from me,
DC Remapping, seems to be a good set up, knew what he was talking about, no daft gains quoted, 30bhp and 80nm, about what the favoured tuners on here quote (although they always seem to get more on the day)
Full diagnostic check before they even start, then before and after dyno with printout and custom re-map for my car. £350
Also gets excellent right ups.
I'm very tempted. :)

Last edited:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Did it stop raining?

Yes it did LK and it gave me the chance to load the 55 on to the lorry so I can take it down the the exhaust place to have the left cat replaced. Then realised that I left my phone on the centre console and it's a bit of a faff undoing the curtains etc to get it, so no phone for me until tomorrow :eek: :( :rolleyes:

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Not done, but might do, The go to tuners on here are probably GAD and MSL but they are so far from me, so Checked out a possible
re-mapper in Warrington, 30 mins from me,
DC Remapping, seems to be a good set up, knew what he was talking about, no daft gains quoted, 30bhp and 80nm, about what the favoured tuners on here quote (although they always seem to get more on the day)
Full diagnostic check before they even start, then before and after dyno with printout and custom re-map for my car. £350
Also gets excellent right ups.
I'm very tempted. :)

Is GAD North not within a shout of your locale?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom