The inappropriate badging thread

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Kept being overtaken by an SLK200 AMG today...

I’d go past it at every roundabout and junction, she’d then fly past me on the dual carriageway until the next junction when I’d go past again.

I expect I was using less fuel and less brake material. Still mines only a V6 and not an AMG...:rolleyes:

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Kept being overtaken by an SLK200 AMG today...

I’d go past it at every roundabout and junction, she’d then fly past me on the dual carriageway until the next junction when I’d go past again.

I expect I was using less fuel and less brake material. Still mines only a V6 and not an AMG...:rolleyes:

The "go faster" badge makes a big difference. Maybe she has to prove it really is an AMG. o_O

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
index.php

Last night's new member !! Perhaps we should advise him of the error of his ways :eek::rolleyes::)

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Interesting variation? Obviously bought enough stickers for the sills and wing mirrors - but left the boot untouched and still showing C220d.

Attachments

• AMG.jpg
    AMG.jpg
    661.3 KB · Views: 45

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
How easy is it to remove these?

I am looking at a W218 CLS 220d which has one of these already on it. Do I ask the dealer to remove it or just do it myself after I buy it (assuming i do). I can just hear the dealer now - but it’s AMG line sir, why would u want to remove it.

If it’s easy enough with a bit of heat and fishing line then I will give it a whirl myself.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

I am looking at a W218 CLS 220d which has one of these already on it. Do I ask the dealer to remove it or just do it myself after I buy it (assuming i do). I can just hear the dealer now - but it’s AMG line sir, why would u want to remove it.

If it’s easy enough with a bit of heat and fishing line then I will give it a whirl myself.

They come off easy enough using the right tools but I would ask the dealer to remove it. Any damage would be down to him. :)

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

Hair dryer to warm them up then just "saw" them off with dental floss, then a bit of IPA to wipe off any remaining adhesive.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
As, Blobcat says, but I would use fishing line, as floss tends to snap quite easily. :)

Like everything else today, the floss is a lower quality than it used to be. I can remember using dental floss to sew my tubeless tyres closed on my (racing) bicycle as a youngster. It was really tough stuff. The current stuff is really weak.

A couple of days ago I used some floss to remove an object fixed with foam tape and as stated, it kept snapping.
As recommended the so called "fishing wire" is the way to go!

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As, Blobcat says, but I would use fishing line, as floss tends to snap quite easily. :)
Like everything else today, the floss is a lower quality than it used to be. I can remember using dental floss to sew my tubeless tyres closed on my (racing) bicycle as a youngster. It was really tough stuff. The current stuff is really weak.

A couple of days ago I used some floss to remove an object fixed with foam tape and as stated, it kept snapping.
As recommended the so called "fishing wire" is the way to go!
I've got some "vintage" floss :p

(I use the harps now so have a supply of old skool strong stuff)

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
You don't even need line , WD40 then some just boiled water and the badges almost fall off.

Top Bottom