Emissions category

stuart bear

Reaction score
We are planning to drive to Croatia in our Sprinter Motorhome and have to drive through Slovenia - I need to know what E category a 2007 318cdi Sprinter will fall into for the toll roads - no info on reg document or dvla web site - my garage that services the van doesn’t know either

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
We are planning to drive to Croatia in our Sprinter Motorhome and have to drive through Slovenia - I need to know what E category a 2007 318cdi Sprinter will fall into for the toll roads - no info on reg document or dvla web site - my garage that services the van doesn’t know either
I drove to Split last summer, no one or country was interested in emissions.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So how did you get across Slovenia
All I paid was the road tolls. Buy in advance for Austria & Sloviena. Pay on the road in Croatia.
Might be different with your motor home, I know there are all sorts of rules over 3500Kgs.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Motorhome chassis/cabs are built by a manufacturer then possibly another coach company fits them out so there are no manufacturers emissions data as the vehicle can change substantially from the factory, so under 3.5t they have a set taxable rate.
Great for motorhome owners but a wholly unfair system as you can be driving some fiat with an ancient large auto diesel yet pay less road tax than someone with a much cleaner engine.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Motorhome chassis/cabs are built by a manufacturer then possibly another coach company fits them out so there are no manufacturers emissions data as the vehicle can change substantially from the factory, so under 3.5t they have a set taxable rate.
Great for motorhome owners but a wholly unfair system as you can be driving some fiat with an ancient large auto diesel yet pay less road tax than someone with a much cleaner engine.
A bit like motorcycles £88 a year over 600cc. Yet some cars pay much less, even nothing.
Are you on a Motorhome forum, I would expect more advice from them?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom