Is it the immobiliser?

DougMb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cls 320 diesel 2006
When i try to start my Cls for the first time it turns over but won't start until you take the key out lock it and unlock it and then it will start. i don't have the problem starting for the rest of the day .

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sorry you’re not getting any replies so far...maybe this will prompt !
Your message to me confirmed you’d checked key fob batteries and car batteries were ok, saves someone else asking!
Have you more than one key, forgot to ask that bit....?

OP
DougMb

DougMb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cls 320 diesel 2006
Key fob batteries are fine and have tried it with the spare key as well batteries are fine in that as well. Both car batteries are also good. just been out this morning and instead of taking the key out and locking and unlocking it i just turned the ignition on and off three times and it started fine. I had a new set of glowplugs installed not long ago so it cant be that. Maybe the relay module could be at fault ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I'd be more inclined to suggest the electronic ignition switch is failing.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Indeed sounds like EIS now you’ve confirmed , have you a Mercedes independent you’re using yet to get the diagnostic LK mentions ?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
AMF Dartford is a forum sponsor on here, Alex regularly contributes - excuse my geography if too far

OP
DougMb

DougMb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cls 320 diesel 2006
AMF Dartford is a forum sponsor on here, Alex regularly contributes - excuse my geography if too far
Thank you John.
I've been reading that it's better to get them repaired then get a new one because you don't have to reprogram then.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Before repairing anything have it correctly diagnosed by looking at codes and live data.
Diagnose, don't pay through the nose.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom