What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Any idea if Elon musk will ship my S class to the moon?
He’ll do it but he’ll get the US Government (and indirectly the US public) to pay for it... same as everything else he does :rolleyes:

CrustyClam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
Had the motor in for suspected vacuum leak. Unfortunately the actual manifold is leaking in a couple of places, saw the smoke test in action. It was pretty interesting to see, just wish I'd witnessed it on someone else's car.

In addition to those leaks a weld I had done on one of the rocker covers is also an issue. (Bank 1)

Gonna be an expensive fix and as such I'm in two minds what to do. It's either part it out as is or stage the repairs. Rocker cover first, then manifold in a couple of months time. The annoying thing is that the rocker covers have been changed to plastic, so it's going to look odd with one plastic and one metal. If I keep it at some point I would have to change the other side.

I've been wanting to do an x-pipe and change the mufflers for 2 years, but repairs never stop and give me a chance.

Need to sleep on this one.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Had the motor in for suspected vacuum leak. Unfortunately the actual manifold is leaking in a couple of places, saw the smoke test in action. It was pretty interesting to see, just wish I'd witnessed it on someone else's car.

In addition to those leaks a weld I had done on one of the rocker covers is also an issue. (Bank 1)

Gonna be an expensive fix and as such I'm in two minds what to do. It's either part it out as is or stage the repairs. Rocker cover first, then manifold in a couple of months time. The annoying thing is that the rocker covers have been changed to plastic, so it's going to look odd with one plastic and one metal. If I keep it at some point I would have to change the other side.

I've been wanting to do an x-pipe and change the mufflers for 2 years, but repairs never stop and give me a chance.

Need to sleep on this one.

That's a shame. The inlet manifold leaking is quite common on m156s though. Is is leaking at the casting or at the seam between the two half's?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
If it is like my mate's Disco 3 then that may take a while!!!!
haha they can be very trying pal , especially on the wallet if you aren't handy with the spanners , it had a suspension fault which I traced and fixed the day after I picked it up , just on with routine stuff at the mo , timing belt and oil pump to renew and possible an injector , the rest is purely cosmetic , buying / upgrading parts to disco 4 spec

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
haha they can be very trying pal , especially on the wallet if you aren't handy with the spanners , it had a suspension fault which I traced and fixed the day after I picked it up , just on with routine stuff at the mo , timing belt and oil pump to renew and possible an injector , the rest is purely cosmetic , buying / upgrading parts to disco 4 spec
I think we need some pics pal :D

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
ok , ok , will rustle some up
This is him the day i got the suspension sorted guys , will post some more up later after work

Attachments

• IMG-20200117-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20200117-WA0002.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 19

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200

This is him the day i got the suspension sorted guys , will post some more up later after work

Okay okay, show off just because it can scale a vertical descent, its no need to show it at vertical pose :rolleyes:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Opened the boot to wring out the towels I put in there to soak up the water.......Its frozen solid....Seriously :mad: :shock: :rolleyes:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Opened the boot to wring out the towels I put in there to soak up the water.......Its frozen solid....Seriously :mad: :shock: :rolleyes:
Chip it out with a hammer then :D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

disco.jpeg

Okay okay, show off just because it can scale a vertical descent, its no need to show it at vertical pose :rolleyes:

That any betterer for you ?

Keeps me busy this place :rolleyes::D:p

CrustyClam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
That's a shame. The inlet manifold leaking is quite common on m156s though. Is is leaking at the casting or at the seam between the two half's?

Not 100% sure on exact position, but was at the front of the manifold towards the bottom. The other leak was coming from around the back of one of the plastic components fixed at the front.

Top Bottom