Hemmels Photographer

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.hemmels.com
Your Mercedes
300SL, 280SL, 190SL
Greetings all,

I’m Shawn, photographer at Hemmels - I’m just wondering if posters here would have any interest in me regularly sharing a variety of classic Mercedes-Benz restoration images in this thread?

Regular photographs of the detailed process rather than strictly completed vehicles - a place people can visually enjoy as well as discuss the entire journey that takes place throughout a restoration project.

Many that I post would be shots taken during entire rebuilds on the 300SL, 280SL & 190SL models, but also from a range of various projects on other 20th century Mercedes-Benz classics.

As the Hemmels photographer I have a daily backstage pass to all of the goings-on in the body shop and trim shop, and as big fans of Mercedes I thought you may enjoy viewing behind-the-scenes images. Be it a small collection of shots telling a visual story of a car being rebuilt from start to finish, or simply shots of an engine being tweaked, chrome being fitted or interior leather being handstitched - if you have any shots of your own restoration projects then it’d be great for you to get involved by posting your own for us to view in here as well.

If there was anything in particular you were keen to see photographed, you could let me know and I could do my best to capture it for you.

Let me know if this is something that may be of interest?

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Hi and Welcome !!! As far as I am concerned...... Bring it on !!!!:):):)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Shawn, welcome to the forum :) Love classics of any make not just MB so yes, I'm all for it :D

OP
Hemmels Photographer

Hemmels Photographer

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.hemmels.com
Your Mercedes
300SL, 280SL, 190SL
Thank you all!

Appreciate the kind welcome! Great stuff.
I'll just crack on with posting stuff up every now and then!

If there are any requests of something specific you'd be keen to see then just let me know!

I'll start with a random collection to give you an idea of the type of shots, but going forward I'll look to base each post around something in particular.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I think that would be up there as one of my dream jobs .

During my 30 odd years in the motor trade, panelbeating and car resortation was the majority of it, the best part of a restoration is stripping and documenting the bits, but nothing more satisfying seeing a customer very happy to have his pride and joy back after many many months with out it :D
It's not all fun and glory doing a major restoration though. I've done mainly Triumphs and a few Mercedes. 450sel, 280ce and a 350se. Other one offs, Ford Mainline, MK1 Zypher, MK3 Zypher, '57 Belair and a '59 Impala. Oh and an XU1 Torana. Might be others I've forgotten :rolleyes:
The rest were just do up's. :)
Oh I forgot.......a '64 220 couple :cool: That was a cool car, all brand new panels used from MB, though a while ago now :shock:

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
One of my favourite programs was “A car is reborn” with Mark Evans when he restored that mark 1 E type Jag .
That is one Very talented Gentleman.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom