SL discounts?

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl500, RR Vogue, VW Golf, Volv0 940
HI all,

Am finally relenting and fulfilling my wife's wishes and getting her an SL500....a Grand Edition Premium in Brilliant Blue.....Has anyone on here been near the dealers recently and got an idea of what a good discount is?

Using Carwow as a start point, I have been offered 30% off new after due negotiation.....has anyone done better?

Sadly that might cover the loss as the car is driven out of the dealership, but I doubt it!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome Oskar, very good choice, I do hope you are going with the Bengal Red Nappa too?
Doubt you’ll beat Carwow anywhere to be honest ....
The depreciation will be eye watering (and the first year road tax £1815) but hey why not?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
No pockets in a shroud and if we don’t have those willing to buy new how are we going to get them secondhand?

Go for it :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Oskar, welcome to the forum. :) Brilliant Blue is the best colour choice in my mind, it should look stunning. Your wife is a lucky girl :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Think the OP is set on a Grand Edition though

The Grand Edition is the only version on sale, premium pack is £4k on top, seems the same car with a better name :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The Grand Edition is the only version on sale, premium pack is £4k on top, seems the same car with a better name :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hmmmm...you’re right sorry, think I was looking at the version with the designo leather which is standard but the 68 plate in your ad hasn’t got it? Curious

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hmmmm...you’re right sorry, think I was looking at the version with the designo leather which is standard but the 68 plate in your ad hasn’t got it? Curious

Designo Leather is an option on Grand Edition as well about £1k per seat ;)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Porsche are the masters of overcharging for extras. £2k to have your wheels painted yellow!!!!!!!
I calculated the list price of the options mine had....£35,000 :shock:

Very nice of the banker to pay that with their bonus originally :D

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Hey Oskar,

Welcome to the forum - that 30% off seems cool. Is that from a brand new car or what? Is a 30% discount the norm or do I need to make friends with you to negotiate on my behalf :)

As previously mentioned, depreciation will be mental but if you are in the space to wear it then go for it. New car feels will be awesome.

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi all.......many thanks for you kind comments!

It is indeed a brand new car, should be getting it on the 1st March, on a 20 plate. With the premium pack (Harmon Kardon 7 / seats with massage and cooling / soft close doors / comfort access.....more to go wrong in other words)

Interior is black. Wife would not countenance Bengal Red!

So chopped from circa £95k (has the driving assistant) to £65k OTR. Will still only probably be worth £55k when I drive it out of the dealership though.
Still you're a long time dead......so make the most of it, esp. before the PC brigade ban our toys. Negotiated all afternoon, with the salesman's 'regulation' 3 visits to see the manager before deal concluded.

We've got some other cars, including a Volvo 940 Estate, which is 23yo and the most reliable of the lot.

Though I am part exing a BMW M4 Comp pack....a hooligans car which at age 60 I shouldn't early have..had a clean licence for 10 yrs and got caught speeding on the A3 last week. The SL should make me behave more sedately...at least that is the hope.

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome Oskar, very good choice, I do hope you are going with the Bengal Red Nappa too?
Doubt you’ll beat Carwow anywhere to be honest ....
The depreciation will be eye watering (and the first year road tax £1815) but hey why not?
Agreed, toys for the boys..while we are still allowed by the righteous.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi all.......many thanks for you kind comments!

It is indeed a brand new car, should be getting it on the 1st March, on a 20 plate. With the premium pack (Harmon Kardon 7 / seats with massage and cooling / soft close doors / comfort access.....more to go wrong in other words) Interior is black.

Lovely spec

So chopped from circa £95k (has the driving assistant) to £65k OTR. Will still only probably be worth £55k when I drive it out of the dealership though.

£30k discount is not to be sniffed at!!!!

Though I am part exing a BMW M4 Comp pack....a hooligans car which at age 60 I shouldn't early have..had a clean licence for 10 yrs and got caught speeding on the A3 last week. The SL should make me behave more sedately...at least that is the hope.

I am sure the SL will be a considerably more comfortable car having been in my friends M4 with Comp Pack and my fillings alomost falling out!!!!

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Oskar, welcome to the forum. :) Brilliant Blue is the best colour choice in my mind, it should look stunning. Your wife is a lucky girl :)
Agreed, though it was a toss up between blue and traditional silver.

Easier choice that BMW who have loads of bespoke colours. 50 shades of blue almost, apart from all the others. Black was out, had one once, never again.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom