Media on USB - C class.

CBR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 SE Auto/2019/1497
I used to have separate USB sticks for different sets of music and it always worked perfectly in my C200. Always picked up from where it left off. I've now put everything on one 128Gb stick and set up playlists but it doesn't work consistently. Often when I return to the car it says 'no device found' and I have to unplug and replug the usb. Also it might start playing the playlist I was on then suddenly start another.
Any suggestions ?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I’ve got a feeling that there are problems with USB sticks over 64GB. This is from my manual, so yours may be the same:
In the case of a data carrier with more than 64 GB of stored data, only files in folders with the following names are supported: Music, Pictures, Video.”

OP
C

CBR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 SE Auto/2019/1497
I’ve got a feeling that there are problems with USB sticks over 64GB. This is from my manual, so yours may be the same:
In the case of a data carrier with more than 64 GB of stored data, only files in folders with the following names are supported: Music, Pictures, Video.”
Thanks. I wondered if it was due to the size of the usb? All my music is in a folder called ‘music’ though ?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Thanks. I wondered if it was due to the size of the usb? All my music is in a folder called ‘music’ though ?
Do you have other folders in the Music folder though?

OP
C

CBR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 SE Auto/2019/1497
Do you have other folders in the Music folder though?
Well I thought I had a 'Music' folder. Having looked again, I just have folders for each artist and then for albums within that. I also have m3u files for the playlists.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom