Intermittent locking/unlocking failure

lee_f

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class a180 2015
Hi. Since owning a Merc A class 2015 for the past 6 months, I've had intermittent issues when trying to lock/unlock the car with the key fob. The red light works on the key but the car doesn't seem to detect the signal. I've replaced the battery to no avail. I, therefore, have to occasionally lock/unlock the car manually. Once I tried to start the car and it also said that the key was not detected.

Took it to the merc garage and whilst I'm no expert, they said they found a lot of lock down error codes that they cleared and reprogramed the EIS. Now, having googled this, none of this seems to be mentioned anywhere and I suspect I may have been fobbed off with a load of irrelevant jargon.

However, before I do them a disservice, does any of that sound credible and if not, does anyone have any ideas what could be the cause?

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
I'm not familiar with the A class but other Mercedes are susceptible to odd intermittent faults when the battery gets old. The car may start easily etc but a slightly low voltage will cause strange happenings.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
.........Took it to the merc garage and whilst I'm no expert, they said they found a lot of lock down error codes that they cleared and reprogramed the EIS.
Has it happened since ?
If it is still happening, does it happen at a particular geographic location of where the car is parked?

OP
L

lee_f

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class a180 2015
Has it happened since ?
If it is still happening, does it happen at a particular geographic location of where the car is parked?

I only picked the car up from the garage yesterday so not as yet. However, previously it has happened in many different areas, some in town and some in quite remote areas.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom