No alarm?

Alan41

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220
I am sorry of this question has been addressed before, but I recently bought an E220D (2019). I am appalled by the fact that there seems to be no alarm. I was under the impression that each E220 vehicle comes with the alarm. Am I wrong? When I lock the car, I can see no flashing light. Also, if I leave a window open, lock the car and open the door from within, the alarm does not go off.

What am I doing wrong?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

It will have an alarm, my W213 E220d had

OP
A

Alan41

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220
Okay, any idea if there is a setting that needs to be activated or something else? Shouldn't there be a flashing red light once the car is locked?

JDPEClassUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate E220d (2019)
Okay, any idea if there is a setting that needs to be activated or something else? Shouldn't there be a flashing red light once the car is locked?

There is an alarm and there is no flashing light. The reason it doesn’t go off when you open is that you have they key!

Have you downloaded Mercedes Me? You can enable and disable internal motions sensor alarm via the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul1948

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 CDI 2003
If it is the same configuration as the S class the alarm unit is actually behind one of the wings of the car, mine was behind the nearside one where they get water in the units over time, replaced mine with one from Ebay for £20, no further problems.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Lock the car with a window open. Give it a minute & then wave your hand inside the car to trigger the alarm. If all is silent but the indicator are flashing then it'll be the alarm sounder which seems to be a common failing on a Merc.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
It's my experience that the alarm siren battery fails over time and so the alarm will appear to not trigger. They are simple to replace and usually hidden behind wheel arch trim.

OP
A

Alan41

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220
Thank you for your replies. I just learned that mine did not come with an alarm. I was shocked. I was rest assured that all E-class vehicles, as of 2016, came with a pre-installed alarm, so I did not bother to check prior to buying the car. Does anyone know if it is worth installing the alarm now or not?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
..... Does anyone know if it is worth installing the alarm now or not?

I'd doubt it was an easy retro fit, it seems that MB build looms for a specific car and not generic looms with 'spare' plugs for possible extra accessories.
No one listens to alarms anyway so I wouldn't worry too much. ;)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I’m astonished! I had a 2013 and 2014 E Class and both had alarms fitted

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
Every MB I have owned even going back to my 2000 CLK430 has had a factory fit alarm and immobiliser. Really surprised that they are now supply vehicles without. Has the dealer confirmed that nothing is fitted. Check the thatcham register also.

JDPEClassUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate E220d (2019)
Thank you for your replies. I just learned that mine did not come with an alarm. I was shocked. I was rest assured that all E-class vehicles, as of 2016, came with a pre-installed alarm, so I did not bother to check prior to buying the car. Does anyone know if it is worth installing the alarm now or not?

Might be worth checking the source where you got that confirmation of no alarm? I am pretty sure all E Classes in last 10 years or more have alarms as standard. No option to delete or not have one.

Would be very very odd if your car did not have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
You could fit any aftermarket alarm to be honest, but then you will have 2 remotes etc.
Surprised there is no alarm to be honest, I havent seen a MB without an alarm from when I got my W124. I would have thought they are standard.
Is/was your car a UK ordered car. Could be for some countries alarams are not standard fit. Just thinking outside the box.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom