X218 dash cam hardwire kit

garethbevan59

Reaction score
Need some help, I have a hardwire kit for my dash cam which needs, a constant live, accessory live and ground, now since the x218 does not have a fuse box at either end of dash could anyone suggest where I can wire up to. Please note I'm not electrician so if someone knows exactly where to bridge that would be great.
f063658091f68259f2c9282baf4069ae.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
The best one I’ve heard and intend to do next was from Steve at Avantgarde Mercedes . He buys a new cigarette lighter socket with wires attached and splices this new socket behind the dash (with quick connectors ) into the existing wiring to the current cigarette lighter socket .
The dash cam plug then plugs into this new socket behind the dash and is of course already fused .
Edit , just re read your post , this will be ignition live not permanent live

OP
garethbevan59

garethbevan59

Reaction score
The best one I’ve heard and intend to do next was from Steve at Avantgarde Mercedes . He buys a new cigarette lighter socket with wires attached and splices this new socket behind the dash (with quick connectors ) into the existing wiring to the current cigarette lighter socket .
The dash cam plug then plugs into this new socket behind the dash and is of course already fused .
Edit , just re read your post , this will be ignition live not permanent live
Yeah man I've already one wired in as per Steve's post but this needs constant live for the motion detection when parked

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Yeah man I've already one wired in as per Steve's post but this needs constant live for the motion detection when parked

Have you got a rear boot fuse board, it’s easy to route the cable along the top edge of the roof lining .

OP
garethbevan59

garethbevan59

Reaction score
Have you got a rear boot fuse board, it’s easy to route the cable along the top edge of the roof lining .
Yeah I've a rear Sam unit but wouldn't know what's constant etc

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Yeah I've a rear Sam unit but wouldn't know what's constant etc

I know this is Smart, but the SAM power points are the same https://www.evilution.co.uk/481 and if you buy a pre-wired fuse carrier like this https://www.smart-stuff.parts/black...ya9FTpr9XejKIW4PTBWEIMBBbJGtEMo0aAsjYEALw_wcB (you can buy the bits from MB themselves, but the pre-wired is easier)
The fuse ways on the side of the SAM are slightly different if its permanent live or switched but the above carrier can be persuaded to fit the live fuse way :rolleyes:)

A multimeter can be bought very cheaply and can then easily identify which are ignition or permanently live ;)

OP
garethbevan59

garethbevan59

Reaction score
Thanks I'll check it out, I'll see if the hard wire kit will stretch the length of my shooting brake - thanks again great help

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom