What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I had a 13’ GNU version over the 4 oven AGA. It was so heavy to pull it up when full that I converted it with an electric winch...:cool:
Getting micro switches to ensure it switched off was the most challenging as the management at the time wasn’t the most electrically or mechanically minded or sympathetic.

That's the good bit about having a smaller pulley, you can still use it for the lighter stuff and put the heavier items in the tumble drier. The only maintenance required is the occasional pulley rope replacement.

Swmbo is also neither electrically or mechanically minded or sympathetic either, thankfully there's less to break on the old fashioned system. :rolleyes: :D

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
You can't beat a good old Victorian pulley. Got one in the utility room that smacks me in the face when t'other half leaves it halfway down and I come in from the garage. I don't think she does it on purpose.....

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
You've got to be kidding Peter, just shows how little you know my children and Swmbo. :rolleyes: In fact I'll be going into work tomorrow despite being on furlough to pick up oil and air filters and oil for No. 2 son's car, which he'll expect to get done when we get home.

As soon as I informed Swmbo that I had been put on furlough she said, "Ok make a list of things to do so that you don't just sit on your chair playing on the computer and eating rubbish and vegitating through boredom".

As it stands at the moment I have the following chores to work my way through.

1. Paint the bathroom door and finish off the new bathroom installation. (Now done).
2. Weed the garden.
3. Repair the pulley in the kitchen.
4. Do a clear out of all the clutter in the cupboards.
5. Go through my in tray and dispose of all the unnecessary clutter/paperwork.
6. Make up and fit the new hose pipe attachment in the airing cupboard for the water hose for my pressure washer.
7. Make a new CD for my works van (low priority).
8. Wash and ceramic coat my own car. (now done).
9. Go into work and get the parts to service Stuart's car (No.2 son).
10. Paint all the garden fencing.

The only good part of it all is, that I can do it in any order I like.

As you may have gathered, I'll be glad to get back to work for a rest.

Jimbo........:shock: :shock: :shock:........Get your over worked, under paid good sole down to mine, my list from my Missus is small, pity it might take you until all this lock down is over..........Oops lock down, gee's Jimbo I forgot myself for a second :oops:.........Never mind, you keep a stiff upper lip and SWMBO and the Lads will love you even more. xx :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
10. Paint all the garden fencing.

I once thought I would same time doing this and bought a special spray gun the do the job. Brilliant, got it done in no time at all, well pleased. Cleared up and put everything away. :)

When I went indoors my wife just laughed, what is she laughing at I thought I have just done what she asked of me and that is all the thanks I get ??. Go and look in the mirror she said. Well, I had more Green Fencing Preservative than the fence did. :eek:

Next stop was the shower and after that the dustbin. What a waste of money :D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Started mine after 10 days :) fired up with no issues. Top down to drop my son off :( then go grocery shopping :eek:

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
The 217's still stuck in the air in my little garage waiting for the paint to arrive so I can get the hubs finished off. It's all masked up and ready now but the paint won't be here till Wednesday unfortunately. :(

Having said that, I don't suppose there's any rush at the moment in this current climate we're living in...

Looking sorry for itself and in hiding: -

Hiding.jpg

On a brighter note, I've got all the wheels ready to go back on, all cleaned, clayed and waxed: -

2 Rears.jpg

I've not dressed the tyres yet as I hate lifting them into place with that stuff all over them, so they won't get done till they're on the car and torqued up ready to go. :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Wired a quick connect battery lead to the CLK’s terminals for easy charging during these lack of use times . I’ve got another 4ft cable that I intend to connect at some point to extend the battery quick connect to a point that is reachable from under the car .
The idea being that if the battery went flat and I couldn’t get under the bonnet , I would be able to connect to my under car cable to charge it up . It’s a plan anyway

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
The 217's still stuck in the air in my little garage waiting for the paint to arrive so I can get the hubs finished off. It's all masked up and ready now but the paint won't be here till Wednesday unfortunately. :(

Having said that, I don't suppose there's any rush at the moment in this current climate we're living in...

Looking sorry for itself and in hiding: -

On a brighter note, I've got all the wheels ready to go back on, all cleaned, clayed and waxed: -

I've not dressed the tyres yet as I hate lifting them into place with that stuff all over them, so they won't get done till they're on the car and torqued up ready to go. :)

Looking good. I spotted my rusty discs on the 204 on the weekend. I need to replace them after cooking them at curborough, so I will have to be annoyed by their looks until we re-open :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Changed the CLK gearbox oil and filter (5g) . Probably took about 3 hours with a bit of tool prep either side . I had bourght a Mann filter and gasket kit for about £12 and some Fuchs ATF 4L for £28 , so a cheap job .
I was about a year early in doing it , about 28k since the last filter change , but lockdown rules apply so more stuff gets done early :D
Used my icarsoft for the 80degree gearbox temp to get the level right a la @Oldspanners .
Quick test drive after and I’ve put the battery on charge using yesterday’s fitted charging fly lead .
Boom !

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Wired a quick connect battery lead to the CLK’s terminals for easy charging during these lack of use times . I’ve got another 4ft cable that I intend to connect at some point to extend the battery quick connect to a point that is reachable from under the car .
The idea being that if the battery went flat and I couldn’t get under the bonnet , I would be able to connect to my under car cable to charge it up . It’s a plan anyway
I knew I’d read something about this recently. There was a post on t'other side about potential error problems caused by extending charger cables too much. I don’t have enough technical knowledge to comment but there’s bound to be an “expert” on here who will know.

https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/ctek-charger-lead-extending.259972/

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I knew I’d read something about this recently. There was a post on t'other side about potential error problems caused by extending charger cables too much. I don’t have enough technical knowledge to comment but there’s bound to be an “expert” on here who will know.

https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/ctek-charger-lead-extending.259972/
At the moment the fly lead is a foot long , connecting to an unmolested Maypole charger . The 4ft extension I may put in will probably when I’m on a long Euro trip for a couple of weeks as a just in case , I doubt I will ever use it because I’m a regular lock luber :D

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Changed the CLK gearbox oil and filter (5g) . Probably took about 3 hours with a bit of tool prep either side . I had bourght a Mann filter and gasket kit for about £12 and some Fuchs ATF 4L for £28 , so a cheap job .
I was about a year early in doing it , about 28k since the last filter change , but lockdown rules apply so more stuff gets done early :D
Used my icarsoft for the 80degree gearbox temp to get the level right a la @Oldspanners .
Quick test drive after and I’ve put the battery on charge using yesterday’s fitted charging fly lead .
Boom !

Any one would think you got nothing else to do Wighty :D

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Managed to get the hubs painted on the S as the paint came a day early. :)

Also managed to start with a good clean up on it though there's only so many times I can keep doing this as it's now getting boring. It would be a lot better if I could actually use it and get it grubby though that isn't going to be happening for a bit yet by the looks of how things are going.

I may start another thread on the hub painting with a few pictures which will hopefully save clogging this one up. :)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom