2016 A Class A200D AMG - Sat Nav & Apple Car Play help please

Brookesy1990

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz A200d AMG 2016
Hi,
I've recently just bought a Mercedes A200d AMG 2016 model (the 2016-2018 diamond grille)
I bought it via a dealer but awaiting delivery. It doesn't come with sat nav as this needs activating?
What does this mean please? Some are saying you just need the SD maps card, but some forums are saying you need a becker map pilot?

When I look at becker map pilots, it says for 7" screen and for A class 2012-2015. Mine will have 8" screen as AMG line, so can anyone tell me what I need please? Also for Apple car play do I need to use one of those diag plug ins or will it work when I plug my phone in the smartphone integration usb?

Any help will be appreciated as will be using it for work. Thanks

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
You will need MB to activate your satnav, then buy a SD card with the mapping on.
Regarding Apple Play just plug into the USB port in the car, it works very well.
I am not a fan of MB satnavs they are slow calculate, no speed cameras, & an annual charge for updates. I run Waze on my iPhone via Apple play. Its fast, free, camera alerts, & great traffic alerts. Uses about 10Mb data an hour.

OP
B

Brookesy1990

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz A200d AMG 2016
Great thank you. Thought the car play route would be the best. I’ve heard lots of good things about Waze

is CarPlay automatically activated on this model do you know? Or will I need to get that activated?

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Great thank you. Thought the car play route would be the best. I’ve heard lots of good things about Waze

is CarPlay automatically activated on this model do you know? Or will I need to get that activated?
We bought a 2016 SLC250d with Apple Play about 3 months ago. Just plugged the iPhone into the USB entered the iPhone passcode to sync & we were away. Waze looks really good on the cars screen.
I have a MB sat nav with this car & the dealer gave me a new SD card as they had lost the origin one. I have used it a couple of times but its nowhere near as good as Waze.
Give Waze a go I am sure you will like it, you can always go back to the MB satnav but check the cost first.

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999

You’ll have to check when you get it...my CLS was supposed to have it (CarPlay) but it wasn’t fitted, had to buy a kit and then have mb update something to make it all work....

the usb socket needs a phone on it rather than the usb sign as I recall

using Waze etc is great, I’ve let the map subscription lapse as a result as it’s so much more accurate too

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
You will need MB to activate your satnav, then buy a SD card with the mapping on.
Regarding Apple Play just plug into the USB port in the car, it works very well.
I am not a fan of MB satnavs they are slow calculate, no speed cameras, & an annual charge for updates. I run Waze on my iPhone via Apple play. Its fast, free, camera alerts, & great traffic alerts. Uses about 10Mb data an hour.

+1 for Waze. I've only come to it recently but it's terrific. Even warns of pot-holes.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
+1 for Waze. I've only come to it recently but it's terrific. Even warns of pot-holes.
If you link it to your diary it tells you when to leave for your next appointment. Also tells you to speed up if you are running late.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom