Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
Yeah I brought 2 picking them up Tuesday. Great bargain

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Well, did not really believe this until i checked with local store today.
Two front shocks for ML270, £16.98p, collecting tomorrow.
Even if they are a bad make, got to be better than the 17 year old ones on the vehicle.
Guy stated stock clearance.
Being in the correct job i can go to store and collect.
Job for later in the summer months

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Great price. Prompted me to check out the price on mine. Ha Ha, at least £100 each more. Will have to wait until they have to clear mine. (I don't actually need any yet, but I'm sure I will sometime.)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Great price. Prompted me to check out the price on mine. Ha Ha, at least £100 each more. Will have to wait until they have to clear mine. (I don't actually need any yet, but I'm sure I will sometime.)
I did same for r129, then ran quickly away.... £258 each before discounts...

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
I still cannot believe the price. The boxes and packaging must have cost that.
Might fit later in the year as the 17 year old ones are ok and not leaking, unless they are gas, then I would not know !!!!!

OP
L

loz_dormer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
I fitted these shocks yesterday and they fit perfect and have improved the drive massively. Shocks i took off were the original ones and felt weak in comparison to the new ones.

Just out curiosity checked euros website this morning and they’re now £8.09.....and there’s a 45% discount :eek:

Also if anyone needs rear drop links they’ve got a Moog drop link for £8.19 each....

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Ok thanks, encouraging.
Can i ask, did you remove the arch liners ?, as a thread i read said it can be done without removing, had a look yesterday, and agree right hand sine could be done, but left hand side would mean removing the electronics box !!
me things arch liner easier to remove.
Were the lower bolts tight ?, i have a thread running at the moment concerning cordless wrenches, as have bad hands now and getting tight bolts undone hurts !!!!!

hopeful

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk cdi2.7 auto coupe 2005
Well, did not really believe this until i checked with local store today.
Two front shocks for ML270, £16.98p, collecting tomorrow.
Even if they are a bad make, got to be better than the 17 year old ones on the vehicle.
Guy stated stock clearance.
Being in the correct job i can go to store and collect.
Job for later in the summer months
i use some cheaper brands (due to the continuos pothole damage ) ecp and gsf just some chinese brands are not up to scratch ,beware

OP
L

loz_dormer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
Ok thanks, encouraging.
Can i ask, did you remove the arch liners ?, as a thread i read said it can be done without removing, had a look yesterday, and agree right hand sine could be done, but left hand side would mean removing the electronics box !!
me things arch liner easier to remove.
Were the lower bolts tight ?, i have a thread running at the moment concerning cordless wrenches, as have bad hands now and getting tight bolts undone hurts !!!!!

Personally I removed the wheel arches, as I had the car on a ramp and the wheels were off. It’s then much easier to get to the top nut with a ratchet spanner or socket. They weren’t overaly tight but I had to get a pair of mole grips on the top of the shock to stop it spinning. Would take about an hour to do both sides if on the floor and jacking it up.

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
How did you find out about this remarkable price? Was it advertised, or just good luck?

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
I was "told"
ECP bought up a car spares business up north somewhere, and this is the stock they are selling off cheap.

OP
L

loz_dormer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270
How did you find out about this remarkable price? Was it advertised, or just good luck?

Pure luck tbh, I was buying something else and just thought I’d have a look at a few other things when I came across them. It’s worth keeping an eye out as they’re prices are always up and down.
The Moog drop links were £8 each the other week and now they’re nearly £50 each! Ridiculous price!

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Changed to these shocks today. Passenger side took ages as top nut seized, I tried hard to get it off, but in the end took angle grinder to it and cut top off.
Drivers side easy.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom