Rental E-Scooters legal from Saturday

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
From what I read e.g. Privately owned e-scooters will not be legalised, I'm pretty sure this will stop all the people who have bought one from using it :rolleyes:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
From what I read e.g. Privately owned e-scooters will not be legalised, I'm pretty sure this will stop all the people who have bought one from using it :rolleyes:
Oh yes...:rolleyes: In Portsmouth they're all over the place (see what I did there...):rolleyes:
Road, Pavement, Cycle Path - not seen any on the Motorway as yet although I'm sure it's only a matter of time;)

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
Just reading the comments on the BBC article - Cue loads of e-scooter owners painting their scooters to look like rentals...:D

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
And the fun begins - commerce over common sense - reminds of the Sinclair C5 fiasco

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Why does this need £2 billion of our money? Where is it going to be spent and who will benefit?
Is any part of that money of ours going to underwrite damage caused by them?

With Grant Shapps, or Green if he might prefer to be called, is pushing this I don't trust the motives one bit.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
I would love one.. Would be easy to stow on my boat, great for commuting around marinas, going to the shops or exploring .. Some do 70mph :shock: but the current 12.5 mph will do.. They are just so portable whereas an ebike is a bit harder to put in your car or boat.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Why does this need £2 billion of our money? Where is it going to be spent and who will benefit?
Is any part of that money of ours going to underwrite damage caused by them?

With Grant Shapps, or Green if he might prefer to be called, is pushing this I don't trust the motives one bit.

I share your scepticism on this. Someone will profit very well from this, no doubt friends of people approving this.

Not sure why it would need public money, unless ran by the public and free to use for tax payers.
Maybe we will get a few per postcode, to use as and when.
£2bn should buy lots (8 million ??) of then unless the friend of a friend is charging a ridiculous amount for one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
How come you can take a horse on the highway without a test/license/insurance, you can take a bicycle on the highway without a test/license/insurance, you can now take an e-scooter on the highway without a test/license/insurance, but if I'm involved in a collission with any of them (in my insured and tested car for which I have to have passed a tesat to drive), I'm presumed to be at fault?

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
I would love one.. Would be easy to stow on my boat, great for commuting around marinas, going to the shops or exploring .. Some do 70mph :shock: but the current 12.5 mph will do.. They are just so portable whereas an ebike is a bit harder to put in your car or boat.

Check out a Seago folding e bike, developed for the boating folk, by Seago yachting on the sarf coast.

I have one. Excellent bit of kit. Folds to go in the car, or put in its supplied bag and take it on the bus. Got it through the cycle to work scheme, from here:

http://www.bikeelectric.co.uk/electric-bikes/Seago/seago-folding-ebikes.html

Have noticed price has gone up since lockdown, and possibly a waiting list. Look at chandlers not bike shops.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
How come you can take a horse on the highway without a test/license/insurance, you can take a bicycle on the highway without a test/license/insurance, you can now take an e-scooter on the highway without a test/license/insurance, but if I'm involved in a collission with any of them (in my insured and tested car for which I have to have passed a tesat to drive), I'm presumed to be at fault?

Apparently the hirer is required to be over 16 and hold a provisional or full driving licence.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250

I have long held the view that cyclists need to pay road tax, many expenses today are specific to and for benifit of cyclists. And insurance. As some premium costs are related to cyclist specific risks. I just can't see why cyclists believe motorists should keep paying these costs

Simply put. Because you Are insured.! So the legal system makes it yr fault, that solved who pays.
Similar in France any accident involving cyclist or pedestrian is deemed as vehicle owners fault. Oh, and in France even if yr car is off road in a locked garage it has to be insured. One reason, if someone steals it, then damages, kills someone an insurance company is there to pay out. It is then down to you to sue for yr costs!!!!!!

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
I have long held the view that cyclists need to pay road tax...

I don’t agree. Why do you think that and how would it help? ‘Road Tax’ or VED as it is now is a pollution tax which for cyclists would be zero but insurance, yes.
This could be one of the benefits of a hire scheme is that insurance is included like it is on the TFL cycles.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I don’t agree. Why do you think that and how would it help? ‘Road Tax’ or VED as it is now is a pollution tax which for cyclists would be zero but insurance, yes.
This could be one of the benefits of a hire scheme is that insurance is included like it is on the TFL cycles.

I certainly share your view that Cyclist's should carry insurance, and that goes for Electric Wheel chairs too :rolleyes::)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I stand corrected, shall keep my thoughts to myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I first heard the age mentioned on the news I too thought it was wrong, so looked it up. Low and behold, the news wuz rite :geek::rolleyes::D. Good old auntie, none of this fake news :p

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom